eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Scammer Today - Money Order

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RomeoStage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Scammer Today - Money Order Reply with quote

Hi - I just opened my store and received 2 separate emails from W.F. (abbreviated in case I have to withhold he name). HE asked if 2 separate items were still available and I responded to each that they were. I then received the old "Give me your address and I'll send you a Money Order My Client pre-purchased that is $10 above your price. Please take the items out of your store and send me the $10 back via Western Union." SIGH... Sad
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one similar today...he wants my PP info! Shocked
kjscreations

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Give me your address and I'll send you a Money Order My Client pre-purchased that is $10 above your price. Please take the items out of your store and send me the $10 back via Western Union."

Do people STILL fall for this one??? I normally ignore these... however once in a while when I feel like I just want to respond.... I say "sorry we don't give change, so thank you for the tip" .... amazing that I never see the "money order" Shocked
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think these scammers scan the net for new stores because every place I've ever opened I get the same scam offers right away and then not again.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm noticing an increase of scamming emails since the new year started also. I think some of them took the holiday off and are now back to 'work' with increased gusto. Apparently that scam works as they keep using it, if it didn't they would try a new one. Only a small percentage of people responding will make them rich.
animalsbyamanda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got an order today and they said they would pay through Paypal. But their mailing address is

tryutru tru tru
tutgutu
rtuutru, tuuru, Florida 5656
United States

I looked up their location with their IP address...turns out they are from India. Of course I have not received a Paypal payment today lol. DARN!
Comics-Emporium

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kjscreations wrote:

Do people STILL fall for this one???

Unfortunately yes. They send these emails out by the 1000's and if only 1 or 2 don't know any better and respond with their info then its been worth it for the crooks
silktraveler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: so, another type of scam email Reply with quote

I try to be fairly up on new scam/phish emails but these are just coming to my attn. If I were to google/other search for more education can you suggest a title.
I do receive occasional "Are these in stock" "How many do you have" "How much is shipping" and think most are legit owing to new shoppers not knowing or thinking to click Buy Now to check and finding USPS Calculated too blind since it doesn't show ship for that item. I get that. But if I'm to understand, even those inquiries could be scams?
I added "how to tell if its in stock, how many, and what the shipping is" answers to my already overly volumnous FAQ page.
The send back money would of course be a red flag to me but the others seem pretty innocent to now fear them too
wiresandcrystals

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I looked up their location with their IP address...turns out they are from India. Of course I have not received a Paypal payment today lol. DARN!

I'd like to know how to look up a location with an IP address. Where did you find their IP address?
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd like to know how to look up a location with an IP address. Where did you find their IP address?

The IP is on the order - look in your orders on ecrater
You can put the IP address in a google search and it will tell you
wiresandcrystals

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
DKGlassInnovations

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: NEW SCAM Reply with quote

I got an email about my site this morning. It was in reference to one of my products and if they could pay my bank directly. I of couse said use paypal and the reply I got was about wholeselling my things. Beware of these people. If they don't have an account there is no way to combat issues with money ect.I was just floored that they troll these sites to pray on us. BEWARE!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: NEW SCAM Reply with quote

DKGlassInnovations wrote:
I was just floored that they troll these sites to pray on us. BEWARE!

They troll everywhere. No site is too small for them to try to scam you.
DKGlassInnovations

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have replied twice since my post. Using two other email addresses. I am a bit worried. I wonder If I should notify paypal/ecrater. Grrrrr! slimeballs. They have also emailed me brochures of a "business" but still want my account info. I already do a large amount of wholeselling from my business and none of them have ever asked for that information. the either send me a check or give me the credit card info!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: