eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Feedback
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seamless-Switchplates

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, If this customer does leave negative feedback after you canceled sale and refunded. Email the ecrater team (link on ecrater homepage) with proof of canceling and they should remove it for you.
Best
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
soilandsoul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: second email for feedback Reply with quote

Hi AC,

I've been following the posts on how my customers can leave feedback.Many of them just email me privately since they didn't know how--and neither did I! Am I to understand that the second email is sent to them automatically without me having to do anything? How about when I'm notified of an order (I also use PayPal)? Is there a link in there somewhere for the customer (if there's a copy) to leave feedback later on? I always send them sowing instructions plus a thank you and want to include a brief line for feedback instructions. Thanks for your help.
acread

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: second email for feedback Reply with quote

soilandsoul wrote:
Hi AC,

I've been following the posts on how my customers can leave feedback.Many of them just email me privately since they didn't know how--and neither did I! Am I to understand that the second email is sent to them automatically without me having to do anything? How about when I'm notified of an order (I also use PayPal)? Is there a link in there somewhere for the customer (if there's a copy) to leave feedback later on? I always send them sowing instructions plus a thank you and want to include a brief line for feedback instructions. Thanks for your help.

Nope. Sellers have nothing to do with the buyer leaving feedback. (The order notice has nothing to do with the feedback email. Two separate email messages.)

eCrater sends an email message to the buyer (if the sale qualifies. Meaning instant payment with electronic payment methods). The buyer doesn't leave feedback, eCrater automatically sends the second message when it is time (3 weeks after the first notice).

You cannot set up PayPal in any way to have buyers leave feedback at eCrater.

I don't think PayPal has any way to display reviews (feedback) like Google Checkout has. Even if they did you cannot put them in your eCrater feedback page.

You can tell them to check their spam folder, if they didn't receive an email notice for evaluating the seller soilandsoul.
soilandsoul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks AC. I guess that answers my question. Just was wondering if there was something I had to do in regards to feedback.
bargainsurfing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have missed it, but i have a customer who wrote me this:

"I LOVE the Bassett!! She's adorable and larger than all the other Basil Matthews I have. I'm so computer-challenged it's embarrassing!! I, as you know, even have trouble with PayPal. If you'll "walk" me through it I'll be more than happy to give feedback."

Is there something I could send her to make it easy for her to leave me feedback?
Thank you very much.
acread

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bargainsurfing wrote:
I may have missed it, but i have a customer who wrote me this:

"I LOVE the Bassett!! She's adorable and larger than all the other Basil Matthews I have. I'm so computer-challenged it's embarrassing!! I, as you know, even have trouble with PayPal. If you'll "walk" me through it I'll be more than happy to give feedback."

Is there something I could send her to make it easy for her to leave me feedback?
Thank you very much.

Leaving feedback is easy. She gets an email to "rate seller" in there there is a link to the page where feedback is left. Clicks on the link to open that page. Then select psitive, negative or neutra. then write short comment about the seller or purchase. And submit. Nothing extra ordinary.

I don't think anyone posted a step by step instructions on how to set up a PayPal account and how to make a purchase (if that's what you are asking about). Guess you'll need to take her through the steps.

No big deal to purchase. You click on "buy now" for all the stuff you want to buy. Then go to "cart" and click on Google Checkout if you have such account login. Or you click on Alternative payment and enter all the required info, select shipping and payment method, then OK the order and pay with whatever method you chose. If PayPal it takes you to PayPal login page (where you enter login and password). If it is Google Checkout it takes you to Google Checkout page. (Since only instant PayPal and Google Checkout payments are eligible for feedback, I do not mention the other options)

You should buy something at eCrater or play around with your stores cart to see how things work.
bargainsurfing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you AC for an answer. I understand what you are saying about buying something, but I'm trying to sell the multitude of things I've collected over a lifetime. I'm retired, on SS and don't really buy much. My question was just about the customer being able to leave feedback. She paid through Google, so are you saying that she gets the email from Ecrater or from Google.?
I did go to one of my items and went to checkout. Even though I have my store set up to be able to pay through Google or Paypal, the only option it showed was Google. Then i clicked on other option (I forget exactly how that was labeled) and it wanted me to fill in all my personal info. It did not show Paypal as an option. I don't know why.
Anyway if you will tell me where I customer gets the feedback email from, I could notify her. The purchase was made 12/30. I sure appreciate the help.
acread

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bargainsurfing wrote:
My question was just about the customer being able to leave feedback. She paid through Google, so are you saying that she gets the email from Ecrater or from Google.?

From both. One each. eCrater one appears in your store. Google Checkout one appears in your GC account as well as Google Product Search.
Quote:
I did go to one of my items and went to checkout. Even though I have my store set up to be able to pay through Google or Paypal, the only option it showed was Google.

In the Cart click on "Alternative Payment" button on the left instead of the one that has "Google Checkout" written on it. The Google Checkout one is a shortcut that bypasses the checkout at eCrater. For all other payments you need to use the other button.
Quote:
Then i clicked on other option (I forget exactly how that was labeled) and it wanted me to fill in all my personal info. It did not show Paypal as an option. I don't know why.
Anyway if you will tell me where I customer gets the feedback email from, I could notify her. The purchase was made 12/30. I sure appreciate the help.

As I said they get it from both places. And both emails have links in them to click to go to the place to leave feedback (separate websites of course. The eCrater one goes to some place on eCrater and the Google Checkout one goes to someplace in Google Checkout)

It's extremely simple thing. If she managed to open a Google Checkout account she can do this easily. Just need some courage.

(But all of this assuming you actually properly entered and saved the API call back url and method prior to the customer putting in the order. If you did not, eCrater would never learn about the order. The feedback email from eCrater would never be sent to the buyer. The order info would never appear in your eCrater account Orders section.)
bargainsurfing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you AC. Yes her order shows in my eCrater Order section.
I'll email her with the info.
By the way, did the checkout used to show a shortcut to Paypal as well as Google? Or has it always just shown the shortcut to Google. I have received payments from customers from both Google and Paypal, and all my sales show in my Order section.
Appreciate all the help and have a wonderful, prosperous 2010.
p.s. I had checked this thread to Notify me when a reply is posted, but it is not happening. Sorry to be such a problem.
homeandbodyessence

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
From both. One each. eCrater one appears in your store. Google Checkout one appears in your GC account as well as Google Product Search.

Can the customer leave both fb for 1 transaction (from eCRATER and GC) or just pick one?
acread

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

homeandbodyessence wrote:
Quote:

Can the customer leave both fb for 1 transaction (from eCRATER and GC) or just pick one?

They can leave both.
acread

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bargainsurfing wrote:
By the way, did the checkout used to show a shortcut to Paypal as well as Google?

It was always this way. Google wants to be predominant on any site it is used with other payment systems. (That is the only way they allow their use) And this is eCrater's way of doing that. That page looked that way for the past two years that I've known.
Quote:
p.s. I had checked this thread to Notify me when a reply is posted, but it is not happening. Sorry to be such a problem.

Yeah, that is on Dimitar's to do list. But there is the checkout and the forum search before that. So you gonna have to wait for that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: