eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Feed Notification

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Google Feed Notification Reply with quote

Per a request from Google, eCRATER will no longer submit a feed to Google Product Search for merchants that accept "offline" payment options only.

In other words, if the merchant does not accept Google Checkout and/or PayPal, eCRATER will not submit a feed for the store to Google Merchant Center.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it ok to have check or money order as well as Google and Paypal?
acread

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: Google Feed Notification Reply with quote

It says:
ecrater wrote:
...for merchants that accept "offline" payment options only.

That means if you do not accept PayPal or Google Checkout. So the only option is some non-electronic payment for buyer.

I guess you can offer the check etc. If you are offering GC and/or PP. But not just check with no GC or PP.
gothicempire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: I have a question about Google feed Reply with quote

The last time a feed was sent was on 12/10. I accept both Google Checkout and Paypal. I thought feeds were once a week. Is there a problem or just running alittle behind?
acread

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a question about Google feed Reply with quote

gothicempire wrote:
The last time a feed was sent was on 12/10. I accept both Google Checkout and Paypal. I thought feeds were once a week. Is there a problem or just running alittle behind?

It is the same way for everyone. If you look at the note in red at the bottom of your Google Base feed tab in your account you will see that info gets updated only once a week (and is running one week behind). But eCrater does a feed twice a week (hence once a week the feed info doesn't show on that page. It shows the old feed). Same for every store. It really has nothing to do with you accepting Google Checkout or PayPal. It is just the frequency of the info being updated at the moment.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where does the feed update info come from? Google or eCrater? In other words, does eCrater update the info when the feed is submitted or does Google update the info when the feed is processed?
mediacollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Internal Error on Google Feed Status Reply with quote

Went looking for my products on Google and keep getting "no posts found" message. Went into ecrater and signed in and found this message on the Google feed's status page. My store is still active and up but can't find anything when searching. Did I do something wrong, is it Google or ecrater and should I notifiy them?

Account status: Active
Feed's last updated: December 31, 2009 00:00:59
Feed's processing status: internal_error
Items processed: 0
Items inserted: 0
Errors:
# of errors Problem
1 Item is not valid
1 Item is not valid
1 Item is not valid

Thanks, Media Collectibles
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mediacollectibles - have you looked at your store?
It's suspended. Therefore nothing is feed to google base.
See the SUSPENDED section of this forum for more info
Art-Objects

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: google feed status Reply with quote

Hi, I am wondering why my tag shows that the last google feed update dates back to Jan.17. I've just listed many new items. Is there a problem or am I being too impatient?
Thanks for your reply Question
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art-Objects - give it time
everyday

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:

Here it is 3 February and the google feed date on my store says 24 January. Is that reasonable? I realize it's only being updated once a week but it seems a bit late.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyday wrote:

Here it is 3 February and the google feed date on my store says 24 January. Is that reasonable? I realize it's only being updated once a week but it seems a bit late.

When I search "everyday ecrater" then click on your store name I see 126 items. So they are at Google.

Somethimes Google is slow to update the info. It looks like they missed updating one time (7+3 days in total one cycle to update then another 3 days. Maybe it will be updated tomorrow or Friday depending on your stores schedule. If not very likely on Sunday or Monday.)

I wouldn't worry too much about the info in the Google Base tab as long as the listings are showing up in Google Product Search.
everyday

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acread wrote:
everyday wrote:

When I search "everyday ecrater" then click on your store name I see 126 items. So they are at Google.

Somethimes Google is slow to update the info. It looks like they missed updating one time (7+3 days in total one cycle to update then another 3 days. Maybe it will be updated tomorrow or Friday depending on your stores schedule. If not very likely on Sunday or Monday.)

I wouldn't worry too much about the info in the Google Base tab as long as the listings are showing up in Google Product Search.

OK.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: