eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

google/paypal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I can't think of any reason why not to auto charge

Think maybe those who dropship or have low quantities might choose this option. You can always refund a payment made for something you don't have in stock, but after a while, I bet Google will look at ya funny.

Elf, if the customer buys something on asite/store that is set up per the Google API, the customer will get an auto invoice. Ecrater and Google Base are 2 that I know of that have the API set up that way. Haven't tackled it for my website yet, just have a blurb on how to shop the Checkout way, wait for the invoice, etc etc
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can a buyer automatically send a payment or do they have to wait to be invoiced?

IF they click on a BUY IT NOW button and click a google checkout bottom they have to pay immediately of you won't ever know it happened (regarding the ecrater.com system).
So you won't invoice.

Invoicing is if you are making the sale via an email conversation. Then you need to know the email address they use with google if they are already signed up.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you send money to someone without a Buy Now button or receiving an invoice?
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moondance4me wrote:
USPS tried to tell me one time that an address I was trying to ship to, through PP for a customer with a PP account, USPS tells me that it was an invalid address! It's a glitch somewhere for sure.

I think this is a discrepancy between what PayPal says the person's address is (in other words, how the person registered it) and what USPS says it is. And USPS has to have it the way they want so that their process is the most efficient.

Usually it's something small that needs to be changed -- like spelling something out instead of abbreviating (or vice versa), removing periods after abbreviations etc. I don't know why the PayPal/Pitney Bowes system isn't smart enough to adjust accordingly though...
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
Can you send money to someone without a Buy Now button or receiving an invoice?

NOPE! I know that because someone owned me money and I thought that would be a quick way to get it and easy for them. BUT the only way it could be done was for me to invoice them. It worked and was free, just I had to bill them for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: