eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Using the Ebay Importer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vivalarecords

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Using the Ebay Importer Reply with quote

When you use the ebay importer and import items into your ecrater store.... once an item from ebay sells on your ecrater store does that mean you would have to go delete your item off of ebay so you are not double listing? And does it work the other way around? If you sell an item on ecrator does it automatically end it on ebay? I really want to do this, but don't want to have to delete items on either site, does anyon have experience with this?
Thanks!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The IMPORTER is to bring your items here - so you can delete them from ebay.
You can list in both places BUT how you plan to track it and make sure you don't over sell is up to you.
eCrater.com and ebay are not connect in any way. The importer is basically a fast way for you to list your items from there to here.
acread

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The importer does not connect the two stores to each other. So deleting/editing etc in one store will not have impact on the other.

It is just to upload the listing info that you download to a file from eBay store (it doesn't work for just any old eBay listings, needs to be an eBay store) to your eCrater store.

And please do not start more than one forum topic on the same subject.
mju2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: eBay eCrater itmes import Q Reply with quote

If I transfer items over from eBay to eCrater, will Google Shopping frown upon this? For instance if I have duplicate items in both stores currently, should I make them different so I come up high on google's rankings and to make sure I still come up on google searches?

I've seen similar questions here but not this specifically. Any help helps! Thanks eCrater!
acread

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: eBay eCrater itmes import Q Reply with quote

mju2 wrote:
If I transfer items over from eBay to eCrater, will Google Shopping frown upon this?

No Google has no say in what you do with your products.
Quote:
For instance if I have duplicate items in both stores currently,

if by duplicate you mean you have the same item listed in your eCrater store more than once, that is against eCrater's terms of service.

If you mean having the same item listed in your eBay store while you also have the same item listed in your eCrater store, that is not against eCrater's rules.

However, since both eCrater and eBay do Google Base feed and Google Base have a rule against having the same content submitted more than once this will cause you trouble.

It used to be you could alter the content and may have gone by with that. But Google has changed things in the way the Google Base submissions are done. Cancelled all Google Base accounts accept for those of site owners. So marketplaces can do and sellers on the market place cannot do it on their own. This is basically to prevent people going from site to site list the same thing and having 1 item appear like 10-15 items.

Having said that, bulk listing does not happen instantly. It takes several days (sometimes up to a week) before the items are listed after submission. And then it takes a few days after that for the items to appear at Google Shopping. So in the mean time you can actually close your eBay store if that was the goal.
Quote:
should I make them different so I come up high on google's rankings and to make sure I still come up on google searches?

I'm not sure changing listing content is enough anymore.

Since I don't work for Google, I cannot answer what Google does or does not do with certainty. But there have been a lot of Bonanzle and eBay sellers who also have eCrater stores coming to the forum and complaining their Google Base feed not being done or items not showing at Google Shoping.

Please read the Terms of Service of this site. You are not allowed to list such items at eCrater http://mju2.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=6590367 Pre-order items are not allowed. (Terms Of Service: http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php ) Better remove that now.
Dancetraxxusa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Having trouble with eBay importer. Reply with quote

I imported items from my eBay store. Only 483 out of 5,000+ items imported properly. Can you please help me to learn why the remainder of my products are not transferring properly?

Is there an error on my part? I find it odd and feel a bit helpless as I am new here.

Thanks for any replies. Have a great day.

-Mike
acread

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Having trouble with eBay importer. Reply with quote

Dancetraxxusa wrote:
I imported items from my eBay store. Only 483 out of 5,000+ items imported properly. Can you please help me to learn why the remainder of my products are not transferring properly?

Is there an error on my part? I find it odd and feel a bit helpless as I am new here.

Thanks for any replies. Have a great day.

-Mike

Is the bulk listing finished? Does it display a message for you?

Are some of your items dropshipped? Dropshippers are not allowed to use the Bulk lister.

Where are your image files located? Are you getting them from a third party site that is not allowed to be used. eCrater cannot take images from just any location.
Dancetraxxusa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Hi thanks for replying moderator Reply with quote

Yes the bulk upload is finished. No I do not dropship any items. I have 4,000 items in stock - I'm a music store and tak all of my own photographs using my home scanner.

Can you please look into this as only 1/10th of all my listings transferred from feeBay? I am having such a tough time figuring this out when it shouldn't be so difficult.

One error appears on my bulk upload screen:
"# of errors Problem
1 Missing required attribute: description
2 Encoding problem in attribute: description
"

How do I fix that issue? Again, thank you for your reply and I look forward to solving this problem this week with your help.

Thank you,
Mike
acread

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi thanks for replying moderator Reply with quote

Dancetraxxusa wrote:
Can you please look into this as only 1/10th of all my listings transferred from feeBay?

I am not an eCrater employee. i am just a seller who volunteers to moderate the forum. I also try to answer peoples questions to the extent I know the answers.

Unfortunately I never used the bulk lister so I don't know it's ins and outs.
Quote:
One error appears on my bulk upload screen:
"# of errors Problem
1 Missing required attribute: description
2 Encoding problem in attribute: description
"

Are you sure you are looking at the right screen? Those look like the messages posted in the Google Base feed tab in the entrance page. (Hence the attribute comment refering to Google Base Attributes)

Quote:
How do I fix that issue? Again, thank you for your reply and I look forward to solving this problem this week with your help.

If you are looking in the right place then I would say open your bulk file (the one you've submitted to eCrater) and look at what point you missed a description. (clue would be the one after the last item that got listed without issues.)

It could be your description starts with a character that is signaling the program as empty. Could be a back slash or a less than or more than character.

Also the "encoding" usually refers to the use of some character you usually don't use when typing. Maybe something like a long dash or a slanted quotation mark. So you got to hunt a bit in the file.

And you can also contact eCrater through the contact page to ask for more specifics.

I'm not sure how the resubmissions work. If you successfully have a listing then they don't allow you to delete the listings and submit again. So you may need to edit your file to remove the stuff already submitted. But I am not 100% on that. Might be a good thing to as eCrater as well while you are at it.
katzkornerdealz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Ebay Importer Reply with quote

Hi,
I used the Ebay importer, but when I look the description it doesn't look very good. I can't spaces between some of the words and I can't skip lines or anything like that. Anyone know what I'm not doing right?

Thanks! Crying or Very sad
acread

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Ebay Importer Reply with quote

katzkornerdealz wrote:
Hi,
I used the Ebay importer, but when I look the description it doesn't look very good. I can't spaces between some of the words and I can't skip lines or anything like that. Anyone know what I'm not doing right?

Thanks! Crying or Very sad

What are you exactly doing? Confused

You don't type the listing info into the importer itself. You prepare a file and submit that.

The file should have one line per product (no skipping lines. no dividing product info into more than one line.) If you had an eBay store you are first suppose to download a file from eBay with your product info in it. Then you use that to submit it to eCrater.

If you don't have a store at eBay you cannot get that file. It's only available for eBay stores. In that case you prepare your own file with your stuff info in it arranged in the manner shown in the Help info (and the example file) in the Bulk Lister.
katzkornerdealz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: ebay importer Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks for the quick response. I did import from my ebay store and got the list, but when it downloaded it to ecrater, it didn't come out very good. It has everything jammed together including certain words with no space between them and a squiggly line after each sentence. So what I was trying to do was edit them to correct that, but when I do nothing looks different. So I was wondering what I will need to do?

Thanks!
acread

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: ebay importer Reply with quote

katzkornerdealz wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for the quick response. I did import from my ebay store and got the list, but when it downloaded it to ecrater, it didn't come out very good. It has everything jammed together including certain words with no space between them and a squiggly line after each sentence. So what I was trying to do was edit them to correct that, but when I do nothing looks different. So I was wondering what I will need to do?

Thanks!

If you already used the bulk lister to upload your items, all you can do is edit your listings one by one. Put space where you need it and line break (two of them will give a single empty line) where you separate the paragraphs.

There is no bulk edit. And you are not allowed to use the bulk lister as bulk editor. That is if you delete your listings and then correct your file and try to upload again eCrater may refuse to do it a second time. The process is done partially by hand and eCrater does not have the manpower or time to keep redoing bulk lists for the same person.

Just go to Products section and click on the edit button next to product name (on the right side one of the item name one of the 5 small squares. One with the yellow pencil pic on it.) Then change whatever you need to in the product info page. Click"update & exit" to save.

Oh and while you are doing that you might want to remove the boilerplate stuff out. Things like this:
Quote:
PLEASE READ AND ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING BEFORE MAKING A PURCHASE:

Please ask any questions you might have before purchasing as ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
Shipping and handling is $3.00 for delivery within the continental United States. Insurance is recommended. I AM NOT responsible for UNINSURED items.
International bidders, please email before you buy in order for me to figure shipping/handling.
Shipping can be combined if shipped from the same supplier.
PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 7 DAYS AFTER PURCHASE.
Once we receive payment, please allow up to 5 days for the item to be shipped.
I accept Paypal (preferred), money orders, and personal checks from US buyers ONLY.
International bidders must pay by PayPal in US funds ONLY.
PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE HELD FOR 7 DAYS AFTER IT IS RECEIVED FOR IT TO CLEAR.

are considered boilerplate. They need to be in your Terms and Conditions page and/or in your FAQ.

Here is eCrater's terms of service, please read it: http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php
acread

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: ebay importer Reply with quote

katzkornerdealz wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!

OK I see what you mean by the squigly stuff http://katzkornerdealz.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=6823116

I don't know what they are or why they got put there. I am guessing you had html in your eBay store? And those are the points that got removed from? I'm not sure. (I never even used the bulk lister let alone would know how it operates with what comes from eBay file. Sorry)

All you can do is just edit as I mentioned and remove them.

Or before you do that contact eCrater and ask them about what that is and you did not put it there. Maybe they need to correct something in the Importer.

Or at least they can tell you what those things mean.

You didn't edit the file before submitting it to ecrater did you?
katzkornerdealz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks again. I will try that. Also, I will make sure I take off the terms on the actual listing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: