eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Action Figure/Comic Sellers... Do you set up at Conventions?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArgonEmpire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Action Figure/Comic Sellers... Do you set up at Conventions? Reply with quote

I was just wondering if any of the stores here who sell action figures, comic books or sci-fi/fantasy collectibles set up at conventions.

We set up a table at the Trek Expo in Tulsa, OK last year and we are planning on setting up there again this year. Cool

If you do set up at conventions, what type of items do you take? What seems to sell the best, what would you LIKE to see at a convention?

Any thoughts?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Comics-Emporium

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been a couple years, but I used to set up at a lot of Comic Book Conventions. Houston, Austin, San Antonio, San Angelo. I even ran the last couple Comic Book conventions here in San Angelo(years ago though). I also set up one time at the San Diego Comic-Con(World's Largest Comic Convention). It was a Blast, but to far of a drive...

From looking at your store I see that you mostly do Action Figures and Props(I still have a large footlocker full of old action Figures).

Just take whats New and Hot or Older and Still Hot, Rares, One of a kinds. The stuff thats common(or a dime a Dozen) leave it, unless you really need to get rid of it, because all other sellers there will have it and be discounting it out just to dump it. I know Action Figures and Props take up a lot of Space which is why I only took them to a couple shows that I had a larger booth to deal in
walkinwilliescomix

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, set up at the following big cons:

Mega-Con in Orlando, FL

HeroesCon in Charlotte, NC

Dragon*Con in Atlanta, GA

I do five or six one day shows a year in the Virginia/North Carolina area
2daSource

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Comic Conventions Reply with quote

Back in the 1970's, when I still collected comics, I used to set up at several local conventions, as well as the big one in Michigan...the Detroit Triple Fanfare, which was the first major comic book convention in the US.

These days, my comics are stored away in storage, until I can afford a bigger place to live. My collection / inventory consists primarily of Golden and Silver age books, although I think I still have a couple dozen copies of XMen #94.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: