eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Tips for advertising your Ecrater store on Myspace!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JewelryDesignsByCher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi watercolor ~ I have terrible problems with pages loading on myspace too...and I have DSL, so I can't imagine what someone with dial-up goes thru. I don't believe it's virus related, but rather because of all the "extras" everyone has on their pages ~ between the animated graphics & comments, ornate backgrounds, and music, etc, it just takes forever for some ppl's pages to load, and it locks me up & traps me for awhile... I've had to do the CTRL/ALT/DEL on more than one occasion just to get out of their page!

But those are pages I just don't visit very often, and it is a great way to network & advertise! Cool
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INTERESTING --

MySpace in talks to team up with eBay
http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/providerarticle.aspx?feed=OBR&Date=20070207&ID=6448896

just talking about it has made Ebay's stock prices go up.

There may be a hitch..MySpace has some kind of agreement with Google that may block the whole thing.
JewelryDesignsByCher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh good grief! is there no escape? Confused
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

watercolor wrote:
I know that myspace can be a great advertising venue but has anyone had trouble with viruses? Everytime I am on that site, my computer starts acting up , freezing up and etc.

The worst thing about trying to use MySpace is the slow-loading pages. But they're only slow because of the way the users set up their page -- all those extra bells & whistles, songs that auto-play, dense templates, etc. I've back-buttoned out of my share of MySpace pages...
watercolor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have DSL and I need to clarify what I said earilier. I find it's not on myspace itself that I am having trouble, it's when I get off of myspace, then I find I can't get into like microsoft outlook or some other program that is on my computer. It may be that it is not related to myspace at all but it seems that whenever I visit that site, then I start to have the problems.

watercolor
http://www.watercolor.ecrater.com
http://www.sweetoutfit.ecrater.com
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

watercolor wrote:
I do have DSL and I need to clarify what I said earilier. I find it's not on myspace itself that I am having trouble, it's when I get off of myspace, then I find I can't get into like microsoft outlook or some other program that is on my computer. It may be that it is not related to myspace at all but it seems that whenever I visit that site, then I start to have the problems.

Do you get any messages about low virtual memory or anything like that? Maybe all the bells & whistles at MySpace use up your computer's resources. Hmm, not sure about this one..
watercolor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No poopsheet, I have plenty of memory so not sure why it is happening either.
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try clearing temp internet files. I'm sure MS loads up your system with Adware and what-not.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

myspace is fill of spyware crap. Try running Ad-Aware or similiar program when you come out of there.
This stuff isn't always cleared by clearing cache.
bargainsmall

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is correct BT,
I have DSL and had that problem but I finally found a solution. All temp files from all sites visited plus all you already have in your puter, makes it hard so I solved it buy using an external driver to files all mi pictures and files, personal and business alike.
My puter only uses necessary software on it. I do not have firefox. I am old fashion and like EI 6 The EI 7 did not like and trashed it. I run my spycatcher on the background more than 3 times a day if I am on line for a few hours. I do not get any pop ups or nothing. I do not have to defrag or other. I am running pretty smooth right now and I like the idea of having all my stuff away in case if crashes, all my work is saved.
That includes all my emails. I also print or copy them and they get saved away from my computer.
Me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: