eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile
  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   
Log inLog in

Promote Your Store - Google Buzz!

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dakotaexchange



Posts: 277

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Promote Your Store - Google Buzz! Reply with quote

http://www.google.com/buzz

My gmail account to follow if you will:
dakotagold1@gmail.com

I will follow all who follow me. Wink

Import your Twitter followers to Buzz at this link:
http://tw2buzz.com/

No setup needed
Automatically follow the people you email and chat with the most in Gmail.
Share publicly or privately
Publish your ideas to the world or just to your closest friends.
Inbox integration
Comments get sent right to your inbox so it's easy to keep the conversation going.
Photo friendly
See thumbnails with each post, and browse full-screen photos from popular sites.
Connect sites you already use
Import your stuff from Twitter, Picasa, Flickr, and Google Reader.
See updates in real time
New posts and comments pop in as they happen. No refresh required.

http://www.google.com/buzz
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
dakotaexchange



Posts: 277

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: More about Google Buzz Reply with quote

5 tips for power users:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/189204/google_buzz_5_tips_for_power_users.html/

More:

http://mashable.com/2010/02/14/google-buzz-column/

SEO stuff:

http://www.seoptimise.com/blog/2010/02/10-reasons-you-cant-ignore-google-buzz-as-an-seo.html
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet



Posts: 4865

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone confirm whether or not Google automatically signs you up if you already have a Google account?

One of those articles linked to says they do but I just logged in to Google (via Checkout), went to the main Buzz page and it's giving me a link that says "Try Buzz in Gmail". When I go to my Gmail account it gives me the option of trying Buzz or going straight to my inbox.

I guess that confirms it for me but I'm wondering if anybody else has had a different experience. If they do auto sign me up I don't want to miss it...
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread
moderator


Posts: 11986

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
Can anyone confirm whether or not Google automatically signs you up if you already have a Google account?

One of those articles linked to says they do but I just logged in to Google (via Checkout), went to the main Buzz page and it's giving me a link that says "Try Buzz in Gmail". When I go to my Gmail account it gives me the option of trying Buzz or going straight to my inbox.

I guess that confirms it for me but I'm wondering if anybody else has had a different experience. If they do auto sign me up I don't want to miss it...

You won't it says Buzz right below your Inbox and above other threads (or whatever they are called) has icon and everything. It asks you if you want to sign up. Even if you say ask me later you see it in your gmail account after that.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bigtallmensclothing
moderator


Posts: 21854

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acread wrote:
poopsheet wrote:
Can anyone confirm whether or not Google automatically signs you up if you already have a Google account?

One of those articles linked to says they do but I just logged in to Google (via Checkout), went to the main Buzz page and it's giving me a link that says "Try Buzz in Gmail". When I go to my Gmail account it gives me the option of trying Buzz or going straight to my inbox.

I guess that confirms it for me but I'm wondering if anybody else has had a different experience. If they do auto sign me up I don't want to miss it...

You won't it says Buzz right below your Inbox and above other threads (or whatever they are called) has icon and everything. It asks you if you want to sign up. Even if you say ask me later you see it in your gmail account after that.



What if you only have google checkout and don't have gmail???
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread
moderator


Posts: 11986

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
acread wrote:
poopsheet wrote:
Can anyone confirm whether or not Google automatically signs you up if you already have a Google account?

One of those articles linked to says they do but I just logged in to Google (via Checkout), went to the main Buzz page and it's giving me a link that says "Try Buzz in Gmail". When I go to my Gmail account it gives me the option of trying Buzz or going straight to my inbox.

I guess that confirms it for me but I'm wondering if anybody else has had a different experience. If they do auto sign me up I don't want to miss it...

You won't it says Buzz right below your Inbox and above other threads (or whatever they are called) has icon and everything. It asks you if you want to sign up. Even if you say ask me later you see it in your gmail account after that.



What if you only have google checkout and don't have gmail???

I don't know much about Buzz, it's pretty new, but from what I understand it is used with only with gmail. a bit similar to the new thing in yahoo with the updates. It's kind of Googles version of twitter and facebook combined accessible in your gmail account (I don't know if a separate login for Buzz is available. I did not sign up for it. They just planted it in my gmail accounts.)

Just people posting updates and pictures and and maybe combined with the messenger thing. Also I am not sure if it is permanent or just instantaneous (like chat).

Plus I don't think it is public, that is what you post only gets seen by others in your addressbook (I think). Though if it is permanant, it might be a good idea for a newsletter for stores (or store email accounts).
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bigtallmensclothing
moderator


Posts: 21854

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
a bit similar to the new thing in yahoo with the updates

Never do yahoo so no idea what you are referring to there.


Seems like it might be interesting. Like they are attempting to do a twitter/facebook/skype/email type of thing all in one.
hhhhmmmm
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
homeandbodyessence



Posts: 290

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This article might be of interest to you.

Google alters Buzz after privacy complaints

http://www.dmnews.com/google-alters-buzz-after-privacy-complaints/article/163686/
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread
moderator


Posts: 11986

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
Quote:
a bit similar to the new thing in yahoo with the updates

Never do yahoo so no idea what you are referring to there.


Seems like it might be interesting. Like they are attempting to do a twitter/facebook/skype/email type of thing all in one.
hhhhmmmm

Yep, that's kind of what it sounded like. But the private aspect is not appealing to me. Limits your visibility to only people who you already contacted. As I said might be good as a store newsletter. Maybe. If it is not an only instant messaging type of thing but info stays longer than just the contact with others. So when they go in they may see it and go back to it if they need to. Other wise too much work for too little. Better of doing a blog or facebook or twitter.

Just needs a close look.

This is like a week old or something. Yahoo thing has been there a month or more.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MaggietheCatsMeows



Posts: 2799

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just clicked on Buzz in my gmail account. I have a follower I never heard of from here or anywhere. Since I have done nothing at all with Buzz, how does a follower find me?

I'm already lost on Twitter. Not sure I want to enter another maze.

BTW I didn't sign up for this. It is just a link in my gmail account but when I clicked on it, I was obviously enrolled with a follower.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
DoYouReadMe



Posts: 140

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anybody wonders how to turn stuff off in gmail, or "opt out"

If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page when you are in your gmail account you will find a small link to turn off buzz or turn off chat, etc.

Once we figure out how this buzz thing works, it might be an asset for stores. Especially if you use blogger to promote your store and have a picasa photo album, etc.

I didn't like that it was auto turned on, just like I don't like the chat functions that suddenly appeared in my yahoo and gmail accounts, but google created an out quickly after the privacy issue backlash.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet



Posts: 4865

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acread wrote:
You won't it says Buzz right below your Inbox and above other threads (or whatever they are called) has icon and everything. It asks you if you want to sign up. Even if you say ask me later you see it in your gmail account after that.


You're right, AC. I do see it in my Gmail account. When I click on it it still pushes "try it" lingo but also provides a link that says "Turn off Buzz".

Nice. I'd never know it was enabled if I hadn't gone that far.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread
moderator


Posts: 11986

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got this at twitter (via Mashable) about Buzz http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/02/18/cashmore.google.buzz/
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum