eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

checkout confusions,neutral feedback because of it

View previous topic :: View next topic  
creativepride

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:16 am    Post subject: checkout confusions,neutral feedback because of it Reply with quote

I am not sure what is going on but I continually have people confused and frustrated using the check out system. For one, hiding the Paypal option 4 windows later confuses people but even Google Checkout orders have issues. I received a neutral feedback because the person got "locked out" of the checkout system. They eventually called me and I got the order through but that stinks I have a neutral over something I have no control over. Sometimes I have multiple orders run through Google checkout for the same order, and customers say it doesn't look like it goes through on their end. Any solutions or suggestions? I have to agree the checkout system is not a very smooth process but when it affects my feedback, I too,get frustrated.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one that got "locked out", was he trying to buy from a cached (bookmarked) page? Because eCrater does not allow that. Since sellers could have hidden the product since the page was bookmarked (or cached).

As far as hiding payment methods. They are not hidden. It's just Google Checkout demands a prominent position if they are to be offered in a website, so eCrater puts a button on the cart page. Otherwise GC would not let us use it on our stores.

As to your buyers buying the same item more than once, for eCrater's Inventory Control to go into action it waits for Google Checkout to send back info from the API. GC only sends info after the credit card charge is authorized (which usually takes 15 minutes). So during that time the item stays unhidden. If you see it and don't want to sell the item twice you can hide it manually as soon as you see the order info in GC.

That is of course you already enabled your Inventory Control.

And Inventory Control does not work with money order, check or COD payment. (I would not recommend anyone using COD as payment method)
creativepride

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:20 am    Post subject: more issues with Google Checkout Reply with quote

I understand the issue with Paypal, but it is confusing and there are still many buyers that prefer it. As for Google Checkout I am not sure what the problem exactly is but it has happened more than once, probably once a week I get multiple orders for the same item(s). Not ALL will actually finish the transaction and they will not show up as being processed with Google Checkout with processing of credit cards, just as separate orders in my email. I do not know how to help my customers. The woman with the neutral feedback over the telephone said she could not finish the check out system, she only wanted to purchase one item so it was not like she was having trouble with the cart. She just kept saying she could not get past a screen and got "locked out". If this was an isolated case, I'd say the trouble was on her end but as previously mentioned this happens on a regular basis. Any thoughts on helping my customers would be very welcomed. I work hard, to get a neutral over a check out system is discouraging. I hate to move my site but this has been a constant problem.
creativepride

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject: more.. Reply with quote

Also I get multiple orders if they are paying with Paypal too. I have to email these customers and let them know they will only be charged once. Then I have to match up which order # I received payment for and delete the other "phantom" orders. It just is kind messy and as mentioned wish I could solve the problem myself.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: more.. Reply with quote

creativepride wrote:
Also I get multiple orders if they are paying with Paypal too.

Then you probably don't have your Inventory Control enabled in your Options. If you don't enable it, it won't hide things or change quantity. That is not a default function in eCrater stores. Needs to be turned on.

When a PayPal order is put in, it immediately changes quantity and if it requires it hides the item (because does not wait for the payment info to clear like it does with Google Checkout). That's why I think you don't have it enabled.
Quote:
I have to email these customers and let them know they will only be charged once. Then I have to match up which order # I received payment for and delete the other "phantom" orders. It just is kind messy and as mentioned wish I could solve the problem myself.

Turn on your inventory control.

And hide the listing manually immediately before waiting for it to be hidden by the Inventory Control, if you think it is too risky to leave it unhidden while the authorization takes place.

And as I said the "locked" thing could be customer trying to open the product page from a bookmark (in their favorites) and then trying to make a purchase.

I don't think eCrater blocks certain people from purchases (unless maybe they are known scammers. But not sure if there is such a procedure at all. I'm just a moderator at the forum. My knowledge of eCrater's practices is limited.)
creativepride

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: inventory control is enabled Reply with quote

The inventory control is enabled but that is not an issue. Orders are being placed before ..A.being paid by Paypal or even being brought to the Paypal website and/or B. being finished to the point of a credit card being authorized so it is never to the point that inventory control would be needed. The person "locked" out could have used a bookmarked page, although she mentioned her daughter sent her the link to the site.

Most of the issues seem to be with Paypal orders but not all. Those with Google check out issues often never even get an order placed, if they are so motivated they email or call me. My response is now is thanks for not giving up, sorry you had issues with the check out process.

Again, I hate to move but I have no idea how many people DO give up, and in this economy I cant afford to lose 1 customer.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: inventory control is enabled Reply with quote

creativepride wrote:
The inventory control is enabled but that is not an issue. Orders are being placed before ..A.being paid by Paypal or even being brought to the Paypal website and/or B. being finished to the point of a credit card being authorized so it is never to the point that inventory control would be needed. The person "locked" out could have used a bookmarked page, although she mentioned her daughter sent her the link to the site.

If she looked at the page when daughter sent email then didn't buy it, the page would be cached. Later if she opens it again and tries to buy she would be attempting to buy from a cached web page. Which means she would hit the block. She needs to remove the cache, or refresh the webpage to force it to reload. (Using the refresh button on the address line of the browser should work.)
Quote:
Most of the issues seem to be with Paypal orders but not all. Those with Google check out issues often never even get an order placed, if they are so motivated they email or call me. My response is now is thanks for not giving up, sorry you had issues with the check out process.

Again, I hate to move but I have no idea how many people DO give up, and in this economy I cant afford to lose 1 customer.

No site can assure every looker or everyone who attemps to purchase to become your customer.

But feel free to explore all of them.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: checkout confusions,neutral feedback because of it Reply with quote

creativepride wrote:
For one, hiding the Paypal option 4 windows later confuses people

This is one of the reasons I disabled GCO in my store. I'm one of the people who believes that it does confuse some customers. I also believe it leads some to use GCO when they would've chosen PayPal had they seen it as an option.
creativepride

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: still check out problems Reply with quote

two orders,same item, one with paypal and must have had trouble completing process, the second with Google check out- Ugh
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too only use paypal. I think the more options offered the more confusing for the customer. And, I don't like google's heavy handed "I have to be the only payment showing" cwap. More confusion.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: