eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Buyer Keeps Buying But Not Paying
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
antiqueweb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Buyer Keeps Buying But Not Paying Reply with quote

Hi Everybody Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts about this issue. I have a buyer from Florida who started buying my items 3 weeks ago, and continues to buy items up till today, I have Emailed, Invoiced and Even Phoned this person because payment has not arrived on anything as of yet, and recieved No Email Replys, Call Backs from Answering Machine That always answers, or Payment on invoices. I feel they are just Playing Some Game, which they must get some wierd enjoyment out of, Does anyone know how you can check any feedback on a buyer who does not sell or see if this is happening with this buyer from other sellers. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Mad Mad Mad
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
kjscreations

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since buyers don't log in.... no feedback is available for them.

As for the rest... I'm not sure what you can do.
acread

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the chosen payment method?

I see you are offering COD (Cash on Delivery), if that is what is chosen then you are to mail the item and then receive the payment at the time of delivery. If in another state that means you use special carrier service that costs extra on top of the postage. (Might want to take that out of your payment options. Or add the extra serice cost to your shipping, which is at least $5, or more extra depending on package weight.)
antiqueweb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Replies Reply with quote

The Chosen Method of payment was Postal Money Order, which is not a Problem, but I have been doing this long enough to knows signs of something going south real fast, its more of a hassle than anything because I run Multiple Sites and Need to keep inventory straight, but this issue makes that Difficult in/out /.... in/out.... in/out.... Oh LoL he is screwing me. Thanks for Input Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they ordering the same things over and over or just keep adding to their order?
acread

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inventory control does not work with Money order, Check or COD payments (it works only with PayPal and Google Checkout). So you got nothing to worry about. Just ignore this persons orders. Based on past experience you can refuse to do buisiness. (Just keep a list of all the order numbers. So if there is any kind of dispute in the future you can pull it out and support why you refused their business.)

Oh and he can't leave feedback with those payment methods either (it needs to be Google Checkout or PayPal payment for that too).

So just ignore.

Last edited by acread on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last name isn't Martin is it? I either read about it here or on another site about this person / persons with different 1st names and addresses but always last name Martin that continually bid / buy but never pay.
antiqueweb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Post Replie Reply with quote

No Not Martin Balwat from Florida, hope they are having fun anyway, just did not know if they was a block buyer feature here, do not Find one in my searching, I wish it was a actual Buyer, I could use this 300.00 sale But I will really be surprised if anything but irritation Develops on this one.
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting orders from that person in Florida too. Orders, says paying by money order but never pays or responds to email. Mine has a weird first name but that same last name with a want attached to the bal. Ordered the same item as last time but put in two orders today. Some kids!!! Sad

I just ignore the order now and hope someone else buys the item.

Terry
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no block buyer feature here at all. All you can do is invoice and tell them if payment if not received in 7 days the order is canceled. Or as the OP said at this point just cancel them and ignore the person.
zannsvintage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have had items bought by this person. She bought about 10 items, duplicating some. Said money order. Finally after a few weeks received letter in the mail with cash for one item. Two days later received cash a $20.00 bill for a $11.00 sale. This lady says she is deaf but she must have more problems than that. Wrote the item and price but other rambling sentences which made no sense. We think she does not realize she is actually buying the items. We put the items back for sale. In the last two days she has started buying again. 2 items. So we will have to see what happens. We are very patient people but this is a little far out. Good luck whatever you do.
kornkountrytreasures

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Post Replie Reply with quote

antiqueweb wrote:
No Not Martin Balwat from Florida, hope they are having fun anyway, just did not know if they was a block buyer feature here, do not Find one in my searching, I wish it was a actual Buyer, I could use this 300.00 sale But I will really be surprised if anything but irritation Develops on this one.

I also have had some "funny" orders from Florida. Same last name as this but different first, a foreign sounding name-perhaps the person does not speak English well and doesn't understand. I have had 8 orders (some dupes) so far since 1/5. Just ordered a bowl three times yesterday. Have tried to contact by email and by phone-answering machine only. I will wait the 7 days and cancel.
May just quit taking money orders. That would stop this one. I can understand your frustration! Me, too!
sandysgingham

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh gosh, me too. Last month. They ordered 4 items with a nice total, promised money order but it never arrived. I sent a reminder note, with no reply received. Finally, just removed them from my "waiting for payment" list this week.

Wish we could block them.... just a nuisance really though

~Sandy
ILOVE2SHOP4U

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quit taking money orders about 2 months ago. After about the 5th time of no payment, or contact I decided it just wasn't worth the trouble.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think twice I've taken a MO. I don't advertise it, so the customer has to ask and I tell them outright that I will only wait a week for it to arrive and I don't send reminders. So if it hadn't showed up within 7 days, I unhide the item and go on about my business. I don't babysit customers and since there are no fees that we have to recoup from a 'sale' that never gets paid for I don't let it bother me. I get the occasional unpaid PP or wrong credit card GCO but I don't see it as a big problem.

I think many of us got conditioned at the other place to be upset if someone didn't pay for an item because we were either out fees or had to go through an extended process to get them back, then had to relist (at our cost) the item, etc. Once you get that out of your head it is very freeing and you start to realize and focus in on the fact that most customers DO pay and how easy life is here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: