eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

GOOGLE AD WORDS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
intouchwithurworld

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: GOOGLE AD WORDS Reply with quote

I haven't been selling much and was thinking about doing the Google Adwords.

Before I start spending some money with the Adwords, I was wondering what I can do to help my store look better.

I've done all the basic promo stuff on the web.

I'm going to be listing a lot more this week.

Any help appreciated.

Be kind please. Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
woodard2009

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Your store looks great! I can't see anything that needs improving.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: GOOGLE AD WORDS Reply with quote

intouchwithurworld wrote:
Before I start spending some money with the Adwords, I was wondering what I can do to help my store look better.

Hi InTouch,

These are some of the things that strike me when I look at your store thru buyer's eyes.

The homepage doesn't tell me anything about your store. "Buy with confidence" and "excellent customer service" and "exceptional shopping experience" etc are all generic marketing terms that anyone can say no matter what kind of seller they really are. What exactly are you doing that makes buying a spoon from you an "exceptional" experience? This kind of hyperbole turns me as a customer right off. I want the homepage to tell me about you and your store. What is Intouchwithurworld? I can't tell from the name alone or even your logo. So use the text to tell me who are you and what you sell. What's special and different about you that makes me want to buy from you and buy your products? Etc. Same goes for the About Us. It's not much about you.

Your spoon pictures need to be cropped. There is way too much air top and bottom, and even a bit too much left and right, so the item itself is just a silver sliver in the middle. I want to see what the spoon looks like, esp the detail at the top. Do you have photos of that?

In your spoon descriptions, is there more you can say about the spoon besides "very nice" or "wonderful"? Can you describe the handle detail, eg some of them are twisted or have a special mount for the souvenir ornament. For the Hawaii spoon, you talk about the state but not about the spoon. What is the ornament on the spoon? I want the description to help me see what I'm looking at. What's special about the spoon? What gives the customer a reason to buy?

There are misspellings and misinformation in the info, which does not reflect well on the seller. Some examples:

In About Us: "We believe in running this sight." It's "site."

On the "Berlin Hauptstadt" spoon page, it says; "The top of the spoon features the Hauptstadt der DDR, a town hall building in East Berlin." "Hauptstadt" means "capital." It is a city, not a building. East Berlin and the DDR (German Democratic Republic or East Germany) are no more. Berlin became the capital of Germany, re-united since 1990, in 1999. If the spoon is from the DDR era or is nostalgia for the DDR era (which is a real phenomenon) or features the city hall from the DDR era, that's a selling point that should be specified.

You also have ads in your store.
caljackscollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: GOOGLE AD WORDS Reply with quote

I haven't been selling much and was thinking about doing the Google Adwords.

I've done all the basic promo stuff on the web.

I'm going to be listing a lot more this week.

Any help appreciated.

Be kind please. Very Happy

I've heard pros and cons about Google Adwords, so not sure about that. You have very nice things. I would agree about you may want to crop the spoon pictures -- they would show better. Also, Google and eCrater frown deeply on having words in ALL CAPS. Best of luck too you. Very Happy
intouchwithurworld

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the in depth information. I see that I have a lot of work to do.

Regarding the About Us page, should I mention that I have been selling on eBay since 2002 and copy and paste my feed backs?

I have over 6000. 100 percent.
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the in depth information. I see that I have a lot of work to do.

Regarding the About Us page, should I mention that I have been selling on eBay since 2002 and copy and paste my feed backs?

I have over 6000. 100 percent.

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't mention ebay. Just say you have been selling on line since 2002.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: