eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Just wondering how sales are for everyone!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woodard2009

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Just wondering how sales are for everyone! Reply with quote

I'm new to ecrater-about two weeks. I was selling on ebay for about 8 months doing great up until January. Have my last 6 sales left then I'm done with ebay.
I'm getting lots of hits here on ecrater, but no inquiries or sales just yet. I'm trying to be patient. Just wondering if everyone is feeling the economies bite. I know people are being more selective in what they're buying, but I was wondering how selective. Is everyone getting sales? Are they far & few inbetween?
Lisa
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this thread for that:

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=22442
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm new to ecrater-about two weeks.

I takes search engines 4-8 weeks to find your store AFTER you submit your store URL.

WHat have you done to bring in your buyers?

If you haven't already done so read
ATTENTION New ecrater.com Sellers - please read - http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=7227
Gustys

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first sales were slow for me; but after two years or so, my sales have more than quadrupled, even with this economy. You have to drive folks to your store--it takes time and patience. With eCrater approaching 3 million listings, the site is becoming more popular. Best of luck!
acread

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to select proper global category and global subcategory for some of your listings. Don't just dump them in the Misc global category.

You can put the following in Flowers & Gifts > Gifts By Occasion > Party Items http://woodard2009.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=7031182# So you won't have the Google Ads appearing on your store product pages. That probably will take away some of the trafic that manages to get to that page.

Also writing long description that are full of keywords (type of words people would put in searches and search engines to find the type of item you have for sale).

You need to submit your store homepage url to search engines so they would locate your store site faster and index it and it would be searchable sooner than the weeks and months it may take otherwise for them to locate it. See: http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=2043 (topic on search engines located in FAQ and Solutions section of the Community page.)

Then you need to build links all over the internet going to your store site. (promote advertise while you are at it. Try doing that at forums and social network sites, whereever it is allowed to do so. But if the site content relates to your store it may work better. Like a forum about the type of stuff you sell or a related hobby. For example a antique seller should prefer to post in a forum for collecting/collectibles rather than high-tech discussion forum. They may get more traffic that way.)

Read all sorts of advice posted on Advertising and Promoting. It's not easy to drive traffic to a store when the site is not doing it in your stead. So you can't just list stuff and sit and wait. You need to advertise (not necessarily for money. There are plenty of good ideas how to do it for free, read the topics.)
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You need to select proper global category and global subcategory for some of your listings. Don't just dump them in the Misc global category.

IF that is what you have done, your lucky your store hasn't been suspended.

Are you using google attributes? product-type department etc
woodard2009

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acread wrote:

You can put the following in Flowers & Gifts > Gifts By Occasion > Party Items http://woodard2009.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=7031182# So you won't have the Google Ads appearing on your store product pages. That probably will take away some of the trafic that manages to get to that page.

Also writing long description that are full of keywords (type of words people would put in searches and search engines to find the type of item you have for sale).

You need to submit your store homepage url to search engines so they would locate your store site faster and index it and it would be searchable sooner than the weeks and months it may take otherwise for them to locate it. See: http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=2043 (topic on search engines located in FAQ and Solutions section of the Community page.)

Then you need to build links all over the internet going to your store site. (promote advertise while you are at it. Try doing that at forums and social network sites, whereever it is allowed to do so. But if the site content relates to your store it may work better. Like a forum about the type of stuff you sell or a related hobby. For example a antique seller should prefer to post in a forum for collecting/collectibles rather than high-tech discussion forum. They may get more traffic that way.)

Read all sorts of advice posted on Advertising and Promoting. It's not easy to drive traffic to a store when the site is not doing it in your stead. So you can't just list stuff and sit and wait. You need to advertise (not necessarily for money. There are plenty of good ideas how to do it for free, read the topics.)

Thank you very much acread! I had no idea what category Greetings Cards would go in. I've got them changed to the right cat.
Yes, I am using google attributes. I'm using everything I know how to. I am constantly learning something new everyday & modifying my store constantly. I've done everything else you mentioned--building links all over the internet.
Again, Thanks.
Lisa
bat115

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what sales? lol. if it matters, at least my items are getting a lot of views it seems.
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bat115 wrote:
what sales? lol. if it matters, at least my items are getting a lot of views it seems.

You need to finish the look of your store, you have no banner and haven't filled out any of your about me, contact or FAQ's. Your items are showing well in Google, you need to make your store look like it's open for business. Very Happy
somewhereinmymemories

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been really happy with Ecrater for the past two years. I've saved a bundle in Ebay fees but you do have to put time into listing things - a LOT of things. I've had stuff sit on my Ecrater store for a year and then finally sell; and I've had things sell within a day. It's important to have as large an inventory as possible.
You can advertise your items on Craigslist and link it here - I've had a lot of success doing that.
I'd say even with the dip in the economy, I'm still selling pretty briskly since I started up with listing again after the holidays. Smile
bat115

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frillypad wrote:
bat115 wrote:

You need to finish the look of your store, you have no banner and haven't filled out any of your about me, contact or FAQ's. Your items are showing well in Google, you need to make your store look like it's open for business. Very Happy

frillypad, Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I thought I had filled that all out. Whatever happened.. well, it's fixed now... except for the store banner... haven't made one yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: