eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Will offering just Paypal will harm my sales and hits?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theasmi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys,
I opened up a store 2 days ago on ecrater called The Asmi.
I live in PR and have no option of google checkout available. I only added paypal as an option. do you think this will harm my sales and hits.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
woodard2009

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have paypal too. I don't think this will hurt sales due to the fact that the buyer can use many different credit cards that will go through paypal.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google does give better placement to sellers whtat offer google checkout.
BUT that's not the most important thing. Your Meta tags etc are more important.
caljackscollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theasmi wrote:
hi guys,
I opened up a store 2 days ago on ecrater called The Asmi.
I live in PR and have no option of google checkout available. I only added paypal as an option. do you think this will harm my sales and hits.

I use both and would suggest you do too. Both cost about the same, you get your money in about the same time and some people prefer Google.
Gustys

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More people pay for my items with Google Checkout than with PayPal in my store. Hard to say if they would buy if GC weren't offered, but I think to have both is advantageous. Good luck.
homeandbodyessence

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 90% of my customers paid with Google Checkout. The remaining 10% of customers placed orders and chose to pay with PayPal but less than 3% of them actually paid.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you can't use Google Checkout, then you can't look at it that way. Instead think about what you can do to promote your store so that people will come and want to buy. No point worrying about something you can't change. Deal with the stuff you can. Good listings, good keywords, good metatags, good promotion and marketing. Without the choice of Google to pay with the majority of your customers will just go ahead and use Paypal. MANY stores on the internet use it as their only payment option.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the OP,
Since you can't set up Google checkout, you may not realize how it affects the checkout process from the buyer's end. If a seller offers Google, when the buyer gets to the payment page, all they see is Google Checkout and Alternate Payment, which they have to click to find PayPal. So when sellers claim that the majority of their sales are paid by Google, don't get worried and think it's because Google is so much better and you are missing out. It could very well be because the buyer can't see PayPal without an extra click, and many may not understand that PayPal is there, only hidden.

I know I am not alone in my irritation; there are at least a few of us who will not use Google for their attitude. But I just wanted to make sure you understand that when sellers say that almost all of their customers use Google, it may be because those customers couldn't locate PayPal, which might have been their first choice.

There are also those who will not use PayPal because they hate Ebay and the two are related.

I know I will run afoul of the GCO cheerleaders, but I just wanted to make sure the OP understood all of the factors and hopefully will feel better. No malice intended. Smile
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, what she said!
bat115

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtcollectibles, you made some good points to consider.
Maybe that is why I got an email from someone writing "Are you sure you will take paypal too?". I hope I am not missing out on potential sales if this is the case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: