eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Change subcategory order?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Change subcategory order? Reply with quote

Hey, BTM or anyone who knows - any way we can change the way our subcategories are listed other than alphabetical? I'm putting in birthstone categories, and April is first in the list, even though it's the fourth subcat I created. I know people will be able to look at the subcats as they are, but it would be more professional looking if they could be put in chrono order (by calendar months, or even in order I enter them!)...is it possible to change this order? Let me know, I may just scratch the whole subcat idea if not...thx!
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
is it possible to change this order?

unfortunately it's not possible.

What I did in one store because I wanted Size 10 after size 9 and not at the top of the list I put
a - Size 4 and smaller
b - Size 5 and 6
c - Size 7 and 8
d - Size 9 and 10
e - Size 11 and 12

That way they stay in order.

HOWEVER, I recently began to sort my mens store by store
I wanted Size LT and Size XLT before Size 1X etc
I was surprised when I accidentally typed in too many spaces and discovered that worked!

So you might try playing with adding spaces BUT I don't think that will working being the first character.
How about doing 01 - January 02 - February etc
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, BTM, I really don't know what we'd do without you!! Great ideas, I'll play with them, and see what works. I can already see I have way too much text in the subcats that I did set up.

Thanks again for the good ideas!!
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people that don't know birthstone colors/gemstones will search by month anyway (mainly, it's guys, no offense to the guys, but they are usually frantically searching for a birthstone gift at the last minute LOL - God love 'em!)

While I have your ears (all of 'em!), constructive criticism, even though posted in the wrong thread here, of my categories, pwease.

Is it overkill? I have set them up like on my website, but the (crummy) host/server doesn't have a good search script, so I try to make it plain as day what's in what from-the-home-page category. Ecrater's search script is fantastic, though, so maybe I have too many categories....but then I do get the good keyword exposure.

HELP, ideas, and thoughts?!! Shocked
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something else to think about --- my biggest problem is when I great a listing - I can't see my subcategory sizes because it's too long!
I see only a portion of it. like the word Size , then when I am selecting it I have to think - ok this is 1, 2, 3 etc. It's PITA when you are trying to list fast!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty yappy in all ways, including my subcategory ways LOL. I tried the 02 February Jewelry (Amethyst), etc., works great for subcategories, thanks for the ideas!!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: