eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I need to use UPS not USPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plantsandstuff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: I need to use UPS not USPS Reply with quote

My items cannot be shipped via standard usps. Is there any way I can use UPS so that it figures out the exact cost for shipping for each person? Right now I hav a fixed shipping rate and it isnt working out. Im still loosing money on a lot of my sales because my customers arent paying enough. However sometimes the amount my customer pays is too much. Any help here?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use UPS, so have no idea how their rates go. But to answer your question there is no way to figure out things for each person to the cent. Especially if the cost is changing depending on distance from you and the type of address that is used (like residential and business. Or maybe that is for only certain services with UPS).

Anyway my suggestion is use the shipping matrix at least there you can enter different shipping costs based on order weight (even tough it goes by 2 lb increments. There are alternative ways to set it. Read the topic in FAQ and Solutions section of the forum). When there are more than one possibility for one destination (like you don't have standard cost for shipping for a 2 lb order. It cost more as the customer is in a further away State than near by one), then just charge high enough number to cover things. And if it becomes too high you can always issue a partial refund the difference.
spacestationvideogames

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Using UPS Reply with quote

UPS has different rates for different sellers based on how much they sell. If you are a new seller and use UPS, the cost is going to be significantly high. I don't know if eCrater has a UPS calculator in the system, but if they don't, I wouldn't use UPS.

http://spacestationvideogames.ecrater.com/
acread

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no USP calculator at eCrater. I thought I already typed that. But if not...
Plantsandstuff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Using UPS Reply with quote

spacestationvideogames wrote:
UPS has different rates for different sellers based on how much they sell. If you are a new seller and use UPS, the cost is going to be significantly high. I don't know if eCrater has a UPS calculator in the system, but if they don't, I wouldn't use UPS.

http://spacestationvideogames.ecrater.com/

It is against federal law to ship my product through USPS. I have to use UPS or FEDEX. Thanks for the imput though
buy-4-less-shop

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about just charging flat rate? With Fedex/UPS charges don't differ as much as with USPS based on a shipping zone, so they are somewhat predictable...

I just went a different route and factor in shipping costs in sale price and offer free shipping, something to consider.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: