eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

tweeting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BargainsByIrene

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: tweeting Reply with quote

I just received an email from ecrater talking about tweeting from our site. I have always had to have a separate page to do the twitter. Is there an easier way?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wasn't from ecrater. It was from ecraterstores, a blog site for ecrater stores. It is managed by My Book Barn, I think. You are welcome to join. Lots of groups to post on and they have just added this feature.

As for easier ways to tweet. Do you have a Google tool bar with a share icon on it? If you want to tweet your store or an item in it, just highlight the url for the item or store and then click on the share icon. It gives you a choice of sites to share on. Since Twitter is the only one I use it has given me a separate T icon beside it. It is really fast.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: tweeting Reply with quote

BargainsByIrene wrote:
I just received an email from ecrater talking about tweeting from our site. I have always had to have a separate page to do the twitter. Is there an easier way?

It gets confusing with all this places/people using the ecrater name.
The only emails from ecrater have an email address of ....@ecrater.com
... insert different things for the ...
any other emails are not from ecrater.com
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irene,
That email is probably from the Ning Ecrater Stores site. I got one from there.
NoraJeansTreasuresII

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Twittering Reply with quote

I was always under the impression that a person had to have a cell phone to twitter...is that true or not? What exactly is a twitter, tweet?
acread

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Twittering Reply with quote

NoraJeansTreasuresII wrote:
I was always under the impression that a person had to have a cell phone to twitter...is that true or not?

No. absolutely not.

You can use it with a cell phone. But that is not the only way to use it.

Just go to their website on your browser and sign up.
Quote:
What exactly is a twitter, tweet?

Twitter is the name of a website designed for social networking. Similar to facebook or myspace. It works differently tough and is extremely simple to use.

A tweet is any post you make in your twitter account. They are also called updates.

that is all you do anyway, write 140 character or shorter messages. As many as you like, whatever topic you like, include any link as you want. (As long as it does not violate twitters terms of service of course.)

Easiest way to learn is just to open an account and start using it.

You don't need to know any html, any fancy computer stuff. It is simple enough to set up and use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: