eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Newbie Imigrant ~ Hi All

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aeronautica

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject: Newbie Imigrant ~ Hi All Reply with quote

Hi Guy's n' Gals ~ A Big Hello from Northumberland in the UK

Been and still am with (for the time being anyway) with ebay for 7 years.

What I have on offer is a niche market, a Huge Collection of Marine ~ Aviation and Transportation related items dating back from WW1 to the Current day ~ Ideal for Modellers, Collectors, Enthusiast, Ex and current Pilots and Seamen.

I will be listing regularly and hope to enjoy the experience without the ridiculous self destructive raft of policies on the other side.

Been watching eCrater for some time and finally tempted when visiting PSU the other night so here I am, must say I am impressed, straightforward and easy to use.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater Very Happy

I have a few suggestions for your store. All the dahses and squigly lines and plus signs etc in your titles are not helping you. They are a waste of space. eCrater's search is title only, which means if the keywords are not in the title they won't be found with the search. Also Google Shopping doesn't like such characters in titles.

Don't neglect to fill out your Text pages. They can help bring in traffic too. Plus that's where you want to give them info on shipping, returns etc. (not in your listings). By the way read eCrater's Terms of Service http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php no boilerplate type statements in product pages (and you might want to remove the mention of bidding. There isn't any bidding at eCrater stores.)

It's a good idea to add your store name to your logo. That is a good chance for people to see your store name. Not everyone enters your store through the homepage to see it (assuming you add it to your Welcome statement. some land directly on product pages from links you put up or search engines) nor do they always read the url to see where they are. Make it noticible.

Make sure you have filled out your Shipping Matrix for all those countries you selected in the Shipping Zones.

Good Luck. Very Happy
aeronautica

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject: Thank you for the Info' Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply , some interesting information there which I will take on board.
The site seems to be so straightforward and up to now a pleasure to use.
Again thanks for the information, appreciated.
acread

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem Very Happy
aeronautica

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: There is now Reply with quote

acread wrote:
no problem Very Happy

There is now, whilst trying to update items I have stupidly wiped them all off, hit the wrong button, ugh.

I have sent an email asking advice on the contact us form, hopefully they will be able to re-instate them.

One question, I'm not absolutely sure where boilerplate type statements begin and end and exactly what is meant by the term as it seems to be a bit of a grey area.
Does anyone know if there is anywhere where there is a list of boilerplate type statements to get an idea of what not to include?
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boilerplates are sentences or information that pertains to your store but not just to the item in the listing.

For instance:
Shipping is free in mainland USA.
Email me if you want insurance.
I mail within 48 hours of purchase.
Do not click buy if you don't intend to pay.

All those statements are your terms and belong there. They do not belong to any particular item and do not in any way describe the item.
acread

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: There is now Reply with quote

aeronautica wrote:
acread wrote:
no problem Very Happy

There is now, whilst trying to update items I have stupidly wiped them all off, hit the wrong button, ugh.

I have sent an email asking advice on the contact us form, hopefully they will be able to re-instate them.

How did you manage that? It actually asks you if you want to delete the product or the category before deleting it.

Anyway. Usually they won't recover things. They may do it as a one time thing. They do charge money for that service, because it is a big pain as I understand.

Use the contact form to see if they would.
Quote:
One question, I'm not absolutely sure where boilerplate type statements begin and end and exactly what is meant by the term as it seems to be a bit of a grey area.
Does anyone know if there is anywhere where there is a list of boilerplate type statements to get an idea of what not to include?

Boilerplate stuff is anything that is in the description that is not descrinbing the item or service being sold.

So if you are selling a blue plastic ball. Your shipping practices, or your advice to international customers on how to put in an order or anything else that is not talking directly about the blue plastic ball is boiler plate. they have no place in the description section of the product info. They need to be moved to Terms and Conditions page and/or FAQ.
aeronautica

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Thank's for that Reply with quote

Much appreciate your reply.

It has now sunk in and I suppose all of those extra words really do hammer the site content.

What I deleted were My Products, I though it was the term I was deleting and not the actual items.

Thank's again,
aeronautica

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Updated llisting Reply with quote

Could some kind person check my listing and let me know if it conforms to the T&C's now or if it still needs tweaking, please.

Also shipping varies from item to item, am I allowed to show the acual shipping cost on each item as it appears not to be the case.
Promote

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater.
When you are ready for your logo items just let us know!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: