eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

CAN SOMEONE HELP?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
secondstreet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: CAN SOMEONE HELP? Reply with quote

Hi Everyone
I opened my store last month and was gettring orders. This month I've only gotten one order, and I had a woman email me wanting to know what it means if a product is on hold. This was an item that had been sold the week before. Since I have inventory control enabled, it shouldn't have been showing up at all. Since then I've not gotten any orders, and when I go to Ecrater page and type in my store, it tells me there are 0 results. I checked and it appears my store is not on hold but I don't know what the problem is.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on where she searched, it's possible she found the item in a cached page. Sold items will remain in google searches for a while as their original entry.

The search from the main page is for product only. There is no search on store name. I checked your store and items are showing so it's not suspended. When I searched arc welding (since one of your products is an arc welding dvd) and your item came up.

There are a variety of theories about why sales are high one month and low to non-existant the next -- placement in search engines, black holes that swallow up listings - keep reading the forums and you will find them all. I don't think anyone has a surefire answer.

Are you promoting your store? If you haven't already read it, the FAQ on advertising and promotion has ideas http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=2132. There are probably other discussions on the forums as well.
acread

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you put links leading to your product page anywhere on the net people will still be able to click on it and look at the product page, but since it is hidden the "buy now" button is replaced by "hold" and they cannot put it in a cart and try to purchase it. But they can still contact you using the link for Ask Seller a Question on that page or go to your store site or see your other products at the bottom of the page. It will look exactly like an active product page but with the difference in the buy now button.

If you delete the listing people will still be able to get at a page at eCrater or your store and that would just say "no such item" and will have Google Ads on it.

I think the hidden item page will work better.

And if you were still wondering your store is not suspended (hence I am moving this topic to Help). If it was none of your product pages would be accessible in anyway (accept for you to edit in your admin page). Instead there would be Google Ads (in all your categories).

And the hold thing only shows in your store site if your store is "on hold." But looking at your products they are all available. Which means the customer found a hidden item.

For further info see: http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=12191
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: