eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How to Avoid Non-Payers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TreasureSeekersCove

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: How to Avoid Non-Payers? Reply with quote

I had a cookbook ordered on 2/2. I sent invoices immediately.
No response from buyer. Sent another invoice. No response.
I did this for 3 weeks. Never a response.

Then 2 days ago I sent an email asking for a reply as to their intentions on finalizing this transaction.

FINALLY got an email back.........I've decided not to purchase this.

HOW can we avoid this in the future since the buyers don't have anything to worry about when they order and then don't purchase. There are no repercussions for non-payers.

Any suggestons, comments will be greatly appreciated as to how to avoid this in the future.

Thanks,
covey
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing you can do.

#1 don't wait 3 weeks - that's too long.
Send 1 invoice
Have clear terms that state when money orders and cashier checks are due. Currently you terms have nothing about when payment is due.

If they selected PayPal as the payment option basically an immediate payment should be made
if not
send an invoice
then the request for money will show on your pp account for the next 7 days
in 2-3 days send a reminder
then on the 7th day send a reminder
then put the item back in stock

If they selected MO or Cashier's Check as payment option
I can see waiting up to 10 days
But I would never wait any longer then that.

Nothing you can do about buyers that change their mind. Better they don't pay then turn around and do a chargeback!

One thing to look at is the fact that your listings are confusing the buyer.
This is a store not an auction site. When your listings say things like
Quote:

Take advantage of combined shipping and handling. See below for discounted shipping if you buy more than one cookbook from my current running auctions.

please e-mail me first for a shipping and handling quote so no surprises come up at the end of the auction.

Check out my other auctions because there are other items in this same theme that I usually have listed. So, remember, as always, if you combine this auction with any of my other auctions, I will discount the shipping charges on additional items whenever possible..

Buyers might not think they are buying it - but that they are bidding on it.
JewelryDesignsByCher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
FINALLY got an email back.........I've decided not to purchase this.

After 3 weeks, you already knew that, didn't you? Cool

These are stores, not auctions... and must be approached as such when listing items & terms. Any website you make purchases on expects immediate payment, as we do here, and that means terms clearly stated so that buyers understand this is not an auction site and any combined s/h can only be done when purchases are made & paid for together at one time, in one visit, just as any other website.

If someone buys and does not pay, they've change their mind and there's no recourse, so you just have to move on... the item is still available for sale, unless you've manually removed it from your inventory ~ there are no fees incurred, so while it's disappointing... no harm=no foul Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: