eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Question on feedback

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MODandMORE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Question on feedback Reply with quote

I see in the FAQ section that feedback can't be brought in from ebay. But I remember reading on a discussion forum somewhere (and it may have been on eBay, talking about other alternative sites on which to sell) saying that you can import feedback from ebay onto eCrater.

I thought to ask because I see some stores showing over 1000 feedbacks, and am wondering if it was possible possible to accrue all of those on this relatively new and lesser known site.

And if you can import feedback, how is that done? And if all those feedbacks are from sales here, wonderful!

Finally, what is the criteria for having the little green feedback stars appearing below the photos with the search results? I have 12 sales here and 100% feedback. I'm hoping to increase my sales here, and wonder if that little badge of confidence might help a few lookers to go ahead and purchase. Thanks for any help you can give.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
am wondering if it was possible possible to accrue all of those on this relatively new and lesser known site.

New? I been here since 2005.
As you see in the FAQ section - the History of ecrater shows the site started in 2004.
So that's not even ONE qualified sale a day.

ALTHOUGH feeback didn't start here until 2006 ,,,,, I THINK.

The answer is NO feedback can NOT be imported from anywhere.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTall is right but just to clarify something.
BigTall has 1120 transactions shown but only 191 feedback. Not many people leave feedback here.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This store is really high ...
http://blanketfactoryoutlet.ecrater.com/view-feedback.php?storeid=36433

but it looks like they left us Crying or Very sad

Their feedback MIGHT look fishy but long long ago it was all checked out by Dimitri and it';s because they did dropshipping so the reseller had to order one item at a time to input the ship to address.
acread

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Question on feedback Reply with quote

MODandMORE wrote:
I see in the FAQ section that feedback can't be brought in from ebay. But I remember reading on a discussion forum somewhere (and it may have been on eBay, talking about other alternative sites on which to sell) saying that you can import feedback from ebay onto eCrater.

Nope you can't import feedback from any other site. What is stated in the FAQ is correct. So whereever you read that, they didn't know what they were talking about.
Quote:
Finally, what is the criteria for having the little green feedback stars appearing below the photos with the search results? I have 12 sales here and 100% feedback.

You have to have at least 3 feedbacks in your store for the stars to show.
MODandMORE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I will try very hard to get the next purchaser to leave me feedback. Everyone who has already bought from me has been more than satisfied. I know not everyone leaves feedback, but having 12 positive sales and not getting 'credit' for it is rather disheartening.
Thanks for taking the time to answer.
acread

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry too much about feedbacks and stars. Those are really seconday. Important thing is your customers are satisfied. If they had anything negative to say they would be posting it without a doubt. So no news is good news.

Plus I don't think it makes a huge difference to have the green stars on your items. At least not that I noticed since they put them on. A lot of people that come to your store never see them. They are only at eCrater's home.

Don't stress satisfied customers into leaving feedback. They get one email to rate you. If they don't, eCrater sends them a second reminder. Asking for feedback after that may just annoy people.

And as I see you've already got 2 positive feedback for 12 sales. 1 out of six is about the ratio you would see when people aren't forced to leave feedback (like they do at eBay).

It's slow to start at this site but, once you get rolling it would take off. You just keep listing things. That is what brings sales. The more products you have the more sales you make.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get feedback on about 20% of my sales. Which is much better than the feedback I have gotten over the years on Amazon, but not as much as on ebay. Don't know why and don't really care as long as none of it is negative (which I've never gotten just a few wacky neutrals).

Don't worry about feedback. I don't think most customers really care, otherwise why else would people with truly horrible feedback on amazon and ebay still be selling to people? What you have to do is run your business in the best, ethical way and you will progress and eventually get good feedback if that is what you want.

The only place that I actually know of that will bring your ebay feedback over is/was iOffer. Think of it this way, when you started selling on ebay you had zero feedback and worked up to more. You just have to do it again.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry about feedback - I don't mind if they don't leave it. I just got a negative for selling something used and the customer thought it was new. It said used in the description. She said things that were not true. I think a lot of them use feedback like they did on Ebay to punish the seller if they don't like what they get. She didn't even let me know she was unhappy.
AntiquesAttic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: not to worry Reply with quote

you'll make sales, even w/ NO feedback... just keep your store fresh...
viewfinders

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter how nicely you ask a buyer to leave feedback you risk alienating that buyer from repeat purchases or leaving a snide remark.

Were you ever verbally forced to say thank you or excuse me as a child when you weren't in the mood? How sincere do you think you sounded?

I have had people send me emails that quite figuratively kissed my feet praising the product or service but did not leave feedback. It is almost like the better the product I sell, the less likely I am to have feedback from the transaction.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find my feedback gives ME warm fuzzies, sometimes when I desparately need some, but I don't know how effective it is on helping a person make a sale, unless of course they have a lousy record wich might hold someone upfrom buying.
bargainexpress

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy customers come back to shop again and tell their friends so I don't care if they don't "officially" tell me in feedback. I do care about the unhappy ones - whatever the reason - but have often been disappointed that they didn't tell me there was a problem before leaving a negative. Either way, it never stopped me from buying based on low/no feedback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: