eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New To Ecrater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hindajewelsboutique

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: New To Ecrater Reply with quote

Hello Everyone

I am new to ecrater.

Would like to know what I can possibly do to help get sales in my store.

Please take a look and give an honest opinions of what you think I may do to improve my site so that I may start getting business

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hinda J

http://hindajewelsboutique.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. You have a very attractive store.

Here are some things that will hurt you.
1. You have lots of data about shipping returns etc. in your descriptions. That is against ecrater terms and conditions. It should be in your terms page or in your FAQs or both...but not in the title and description.

2. Also you state that PayPal charges a small fee for returns. That is false. I don't know who started that story but it is not true and many buyers know it isn't. If I'm a potential buyer and see you misrepresenting something I would be leery of buying from you.

3. You are responsible for getting the item safely to the buyer. Buyers have no way of adding insurance to their order so if you aren't willing to be out of pocket, you must build insurance into the cost of the item or the shipping fee.

As it is your terms sound severe. Most buyers are nice people and harsh terms will frighten them away.
hindajewelsboutique

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:29 am    Post subject: THANK YOU!!!! Reply with quote

Thank you soooo much!!!!

I will follow your suggestions.

Reason I made this statement about pay pal is because I sale products on Etsy.

I sold an item to a customer and offered them a discount. When I refunded them the discount through Pal pal - Pay pal charged the customer a small transfer fee of 20 cent to their account. I was unaware that Pay pal did this. My customer was very upset. To resolve the matter I sent the customer a free gift along with her merchandise that she was very pleased with.

This is the reason I made that statement.

I also did not know it was against ecraters policy to make such post this on my front page or descriptions.

Most of my policies are from where I have gone into other stores and copied bits and pieces from their stores and placed it on mine. There are alot of people that are experienced ebay sellers and others who have owned business for many years. Thought that some of their policies were really good. And the reason that they had some of these policies in their store is due to dealings with customers.

Thank you so much!!! I will change this immediately!!!!

Please keep in touch.

It was very kind of you to respond.

Hinda J
acread

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: THANK YOU!!!! Reply with quote

hindajewelsboutique wrote:
I also did not know it was against ecraters policy to make such post this on my front page or descriptions.

You should always read the Terms of Service any site you sing on to. (How else would you know what rules to follow)

Here are eCrater's http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php (It's only a page. Shouldn't take much time.)

I just looked at your site. Your logo is a bit tough to read. I think it is partly due to the proportions of it. It should be about 250x68 pixel yours is more like 250x32 (can make it twice as high). If that doesn't make the font more legible, than try using bold characters of larger font.

Try not to use all capital letters in your product names and your categories. They may create difficulties with search engines. I know Google Base has issues with it (eCrater changes them when submitting), so it is likely other seaches might as well.

Use as many keywords in your titles as you can, because eCrater's search is title only. So if it is not in the title people may not find your products when they search for the word.

Good luck

Last edited by acread on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total
hindajewelsboutique

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think that it was some kind of fluke that pay pal charged my customer a transfer fee when I was refunding them money?

Have you heard of this happening to anyone else?
acread

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was editing my post to add stuff while you were posting I guess. But please read it over.
terrysgentlyused

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome - you have a nice start. I agree with Maggie, your terms are a little severe. I would hesitate to purchase from a seller that doesn't take responsibility for the safe arrival of my purchase. It's part of doing business to make sure your customer gets their purchase and it is in the condition they expect. Knock on wood Wink I've never had a problem but would certainly not expect my customer to be out their money and have no item or a damaged item. Insurance is for your protection and should be part of your selling price if you require it. Just MO - good luck!
hindajewelsboutique

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: terrysgentlyused Reply with quote

Thank you!

I will change my shop policies.

Never realized how harsh they sounded.

Thank you for your suggestion. It is greatly appreciated.

I changed everything else that everyone talked about. Please tell me what you think of my shop now.

Will change the policies tonight.

Hinda J
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never heard of PayPal charging a fee to the seller when you send a refund. Certainly they make it very clear to the seller that they refund both the item price and the seller's fee or a portion thereof. I send partial refunds all the time when people buy more than one item and do an instant payment. No one has ever indicated they got less then I told them.

Does anyone else know this definitively
hindajewelsboutique

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: Maggie The Cats Meow Reply with quote

Hi Maggie

Well, maybe there was something going on with pay pal that day but it certainly happened to my customer from my Etsy webstore

When I refunded her money pay pal charge her a 16 cent transfer fee to her bank account. My customer was furious! I had never had anything like this to happen to me ever.

The customer loved my handmade gift box so I gave her another of her chocie for free from my shop, which made her happy. Saved my reputation and my customer.

Since that time I have not reimbursed anyone else through pay pal. Maybe what I will do is call the customer service line at pay pal and speak with them directly to see if this was an error on pay pals side.

I will let everyone know what they tell me. And will also find out what to do if this happens again.

Hinda J
hindajewelsboutique

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:03 am    Post subject: My Shop Policies Reply with quote

I changed my shop policies.

Please tell me what you think of them now, and if you believe I need to delete or add anything further.

I really appreciate everyone's help!!!!

Thank you for voicing honest opinions.

I'm hoping that by making the corrections as all of you have suggested that I may end up actually getting a sell.

Never realized that my policies sounded so harsh. No one ever said anything to me about them until now after asking everyone for your opinion.

I will change my policies on my other sites as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: