eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Has something changed lately?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
abouturhome

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Has something changed lately? Reply with quote

Hi, usually when I list an item I can find it right away in the home and garden bedding listings. However, this evening I listed several bedding items and couldn't find them even after about 20 or more pages. I could find them doing a search, but usually they are right there right away at the top. Has something changed? Are they now showing the oldest items first or something? I guess it doesn't matter that much but sometimes I have hits on my items just minutes after listing items and this evening no hits. Just wondering. I hope this isn't a repeat question. I couldn't find a similar one. Thanks, Vicky
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read: http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=21368&start=36
abouturhome

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I do use stock photos, but none are below 250x250 pixels. I have a lot of store activity. I have 100% feedback. So, nothing has changed in my store, but now my items are listed last. I don't get it. Oh, well thanks for answering anyhow.
acread

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

abouturhome wrote:
Well, I do use stock photos, but none are below 250x250 pixels.

An image being stock photo has nothing to do with the size of image. Granted most are smaller than 250x250, but that is not what that means.

You have stock images so the system lowers the ranking of the product and they end up at the back. (see the quote in that post). So that is what is new. I think that was the time they started with this new grading thing (see date on that post).
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious......how do they KNOW it's a stock photo? The only way I can see is if you state in the listing you are using a "stock photo" and it (some program they use) picks up that phrase.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jigsaw-puzzle-palooza wrote:
I'm curious......how do they KNOW it's a stock photo?
Possibly because there is no seller watermark. Also because the same image can be found on many seller's sites. Pick any image that you believe looks like a stock image, type the keywords into google products, google images or google web search, and see if you get the same image over and over.
abouturhome

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand all about stock images and size and all that. That topic was way back in December and I read it all. So, I am just wondering why all of a sudden (as of yesterday) my products are at the back of the pile? While many other sellers that sell the same products, with the same photos with bad feedback and even no seller feedback are in front of my products?
Try this search for example "tiffany style victorian pedestal lamp" several items come up before mine, same item, same or similar stock image, but mine are coming up last. I am the only one with the 5 star rating.
I have tried many searches for many different items with the same result. My store has the most sales and the highest feedback rating and now all of a sudden my items are at the back. I don't get it. It seems to me that ecrater would want to promote the items from a store with more sales and a higher feedback rating first not last. Like I said I don't get it, I have been with ecrater a long time and newer sellers are getting listed first. It just doesn't seem fair.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that it's a manual thing. Nobody in charge noticed the listings until now...
hindajewelsboutique

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Stock Image Reply with quote

Please explain to me what a Stock Image is?

I am rather new and am having the same problem where my photos are ending up toward the back instead of up front.

http://hindajewelsboutique.ecrater.com
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stock photos are those provided by manufacturers rather than photos taken by the seller. When you search certain items and see the exact same images over and over from different sellers those sellers are using stock photos.
hindajewelsboutique

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok!

So what do you believe could be causing my problem.

When I was originally posting my pics would come to the very front page. Now they are going near the back.

I am not using stock images

http://hindajewelsboutique.ecrater.com
acread

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hindajewelsboutique wrote:
Ok!

So what do you believe could be causing my problem.

When I was originally posting my pics would come to the very front page. Now they are going near the back.

I am not using stock images

They are ordered chronologically at eCraters global categories and subcategories. The newer listings will alway come to the top as more stuff is listed in the category your listings will gradually go down the category to the later pages. That is if you are not a dropshipper or an affiliate. Then they get sent to the back of the category as soon as they are listed.

Of course the order in search has nothing to do with chronology, it is by relevance. And newer items with no liks leading to the page tend to end up in the back of the search results.
abouturhome

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the rule only applies to some affiliate sellers because if you do a search in home and garden section, or any other category for that matter, all sorts of affiliate sellers come up at the top. Mostly ones with no feedback what-so-ever.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abouturhome wrote:
I guess the rule only applies to some affiliate sellers because if you do a search in home and garden section, or any other category for that matter, all sorts of affiliate sellers come up at the top. Mostly ones with no feedback what-so-ever.

The rules apply to those that are reported and flagged.
Remember ecrater is dealing with VOLUNTEERS not a staff of 50+ people.
abouturhome

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You make it sound like being an affiliated seller is a dirty word. I have spent hours upon hours developing close relationships with my suppliers. I do not have a fly by night store. Just because a seller is an affiliated seller doesn't mean they are doing a bad job. Just as not being affiliated means you are automatically doing a good job. I am sorry that eCrater feels this way automatically about us affiliated sellers. I think it's prejudicial.
My store is right up there in sales right along with "non-affiliated" stores. Perhaps, you volunteers should flag some sellers that are not doing a very good job instead of picking on those of us that work our bottoms off to keep up with inventory, customer's questions etc.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: