eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Sub- Category

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hindajewelsboutique

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Sub- Category Reply with quote

Hello!

I am rather new and am still setting up my shop.

Will be selling some vintage items. Set up a sub-category for vintage baby. Honestly - not sure how I managed to set it up. But now I want to delete the sub-category title. I just want Vintage as the category.

Can anyone help me?

How do I delete the sub-category in my shop?

http://hindajewelsboutique.ecrater.com

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Sub- Category Reply with quote

hindajewelsboutique wrote:
How do I delete the sub-category in my shop?

The way you delete any category.

1. Open your account
2. Click on Categories
3. click on the name of the category where you have the subcat you want to delete
4. next to subcat name there is a red X mark click on it then click on "yes"

But before you delete any category or subcategory make sure you emptied it out. Otherwise the stuff in the category or subcategory will be deleted too.

To move an item from one category (subcat) to another category (subcat) just go to Products find the item and click on edit button (one with yellow pencil pic on it) then scroll down to select a different local category and click "update & exit"

If you want to move everything in the subcat along with the subcat when you locate it just click on the move button (one with green arrow on it) then select a parent category for it. If you are going to make it a category then select the root category. That will move category with the listings in it.

If you just want to change a category/subcategory name simply locate it in Categories (as indicated above) then click on the edit button (yellow pencil) then simply change the name and "update"

And read the manuals. They probably have all this basic info: http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=3752
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First create a root category Vintage.
Do that by clicking on categories and add a category. Enter Vintage and update.

Then and only then move everything out of the sub category vintage baby and into the root category vintage.

Finally click on the sub category red x icon.

If you can't find the sub category, click on the root category and it will show all the subs below it.

I just looked at your categories. You already have the items in the vintage root category.
So your path is click on categories>vintage>vintage baby (click x to delete)>vintage purses(click x to delete)
hindajewelsboutique

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: acread Reply with quote

acread

Thank You!!!

That was soooo simple it made me feel stupid! LOL

I actually played around with it for 1/2 hour trying to figure out how to get to it. WOW!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: