eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Problem with shipping cost sometimes not being added in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arabianthreads

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Problem with shipping cost sometimes not being added in! Reply with quote

I posted this before-yesterday infact but I can't find it anymore.
I REALLY need help with this.
Sometimes when a customer orders an items the shippipng does not automatically add itself in. I dont get this-at all. Usually shipping is added in, after all its in the matrix. but, occasionally it doesnt.

Whats going on? Any advice please!

Bailey
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
kjscreations

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you are using the matrix.... do you have all the boxes filled in & do you have a weight in each item? That's the only thing I can think of. I took a look at a couple items & the shipping showed up fine.
acread

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any items that have "Fixed Shipping to" selected where you left the boxes in the listing unfilled? They would register as $0.00

Do you have any of those items in orders without sipping where you put 0 for product weight? Or maybe typed in the weight units like lb, g, kg into the weight box? That would consider the product weight as zero, or may not be able to calculate shipping cost based on it.

Also what Kjs mentioned is true. If you skipped filling out any of the boxes (especially for destinations other than US mainland, Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada) it will take what is in the box alredy in the Shipping Matrix. Which is by default 0.00 ($0.00).
arabianthreads

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all,

nope, i did all that and 98% of the time shipping adds itself in perfectly but ive had 4-5 times when it did not and really i dont understand. The last time was to for an order from Austria...I have Austria in my matrix and shipping to all countries is the same but the shipping didnt add itself up!

Really, im at a loss...
the matrix is difficult to understand anyway but i do believe i figured it out as it works fine...as I said 98% of the time...but those few times...hmmm???
acread

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you still have the listing hidden. Go to Products find it, click on edit button and look what is written in the Weight box and what method is selected for shipping.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: