eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

help no sales
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ktshappystore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: help no sales Reply with quote

i need some pointer as to help me get some sales what do i need to do ?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you doing to bring in your customers?
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you need to expand your titles and descriptions. You have a lot of competition so the more key words in your titles the more people will see your items.

You don't mention in your titles that you are selling a trading card. If someone enters Yankee baseball cards in a search engine, your cards will not come up.

It takes words to get people to your store.
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need more items. The more you have, especially with trading cards, the more attention you will get.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do realize that you can have 100 characters in your titles? Use them. Include "sports baseball card" along with player name, etc.

You have a DVD listed without the actors names in your title which would help a search.

Don't be afraid to take the time to fill out the information in your listings. Such as for the sports cards, are they pristine, evenly centered on the card, etc. all those things that collectors are looking for when they want the perfect card. Even listing the team/location the player is from would help.
ktshappystore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: update to store Reply with quote

i have added a lot more items to my store and made my title longer now can someone tell me how things look now. thanks
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your baseball trading cards still don't say they are trading cards in the titles.

Are you aware you are missing some photos?

If you have items to list in the CD and Football categories, it would be good to get something listed in them. As it is now, if people click on the featured categories and see nothing in them they could leave your store.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clean up your descriptions. Move most/all of that common text into the store's terms of sale, or into the FAQ.
minordetails

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you been using the Google Attributes as well?
bookbatches

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every month we do a non-human sacrifice to the Great Digital Seller Gods. We also put pictures on each and every listing. If possible we try and sell nothing under $5, but sometimes that is a tough one and we make exceptions.

On eCrater patience is a virtue. Good luck! Very Happy
nothingnew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patience,patience,patience. It took my store 3 to 4 weeks till the first sale.
shoelaces

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fill in your FAQ, you have some info there but it looks sparse. Also, I noticed that all of your items are $.25. I think it will be difficult to make any money at that price. Maybe bunch items together so you could sell a set of 10 cards for $3 or $4 or whatever makes sense. Also completely fill in your home page text. Hope that helps.
joyfulsleep

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me a few months to get my first sale with my first store, but the first sale happened faster with my second store. There's lots of great information on promoting your store(s) in these forums, be patient, read a lot, and the sales will come.

Good luck!!

Ann
www.joyfulsleep.com
www.vintagepapergarden.ecrater.com
artsytartsycountrycrafts

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Waiting,waiting,waiting! Reply with quote

Confused If I'm not mistaken ,I've been here since March.I've had plenty of hits but only one order & that one turned out to be bogus.Does putting in a second store really make that much a difference?Hmm,maybe I'm being too impatient.
http://artsytartsycountrycrafts.ecrater.com
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

artsytartsy, I'd add some more words to your titles to get more search engine returns. Add handmade or handcrafted, maybe add some other keywords like ornament, decoration, etc. I'd never search for Xmas, although maybe others do, so you could include the word Christmas spelled out. Technique and material words, like plastic canvas, knitted, hand-knitted, needlepoint, or whatever the item is. Measurements in the descriptions would help and I looked at a couple that didn't say how big/long they are.

Also, having Google ads in your listings will always increase the chances that someone will click on one and leave your store. That's because you don't offer any e-payments (PayPal or Google). Not saying that you should, many people don't want to offer them and pay the fees, etc. But the Google ads are the downside--could cost you some traffic.

Your items are really nice and I make crafts and used to do craft shows for about 18 years, so I know the work and time you've put in. So be sure that you showcase them so that many will get a chance to see them!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: