eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Need A Critique? Critique me and I'll return the favor!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daisychains

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Need A Critique? Critique me and I'll return the favor! Reply with quote

Would someone please critique my eCrater shop? I'd love thoughts and opinions. I'm trying to find a way to appease to a larger crowd and in particular to buyers. I'll return the favor as well!!

Thanks,

Beck ;O)
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For starters - fill out the text pages - About US, Terms etc

Use good complete titles.
When searching froogle.google for a baseball bracelet
your 9th Inning Home Stretch will never show up
You should add bracelet and Baseball into the title.

When creating titles - think - if I was going to search the internet for this item what would I put into the search engine.

Things like baseball/softball are not helpful either because chances are slim that string will be search use baseball softball instead

Titles like April Showers, Childrens Earrings
that's getting better but why not have the word Post and dangling - and no need for a comma - it's a title not a sentence. PACK it with key words.
daisychains

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!! I didn't realize how tags worked on this site. Good to know it is off of the titles. I will have to do some MAJOR reworking this weekend. Is that the only place to place tags here?

Your shop seems pretty well set up my only thing as a buyer would be photos. Try taking some of your shots in natural light, helps to get rid of the grain. Also, maybe steam or iron the clothing before snapping your shot. Since people can't touch or feel photos are all we've got you want them to entice as much as possible. Thanks again so very much for your input!! Continued luck to you.

Beck ;O)
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what you mean by tags - you mean searches? depends where the person is searching from. A search engine will always look at your title first if that's a fit it will go to your description. It's always a good idea to repeat your title within your description.

ecrater.com search engine will not search less then 3 characters - which is why I am revamping my whole store - all 2500+ items to have subcateogories by size since they can not search for a size 50 X 32 pants - the search will bring up every item with the word Size in the title! So it's worthless! Also if they search the word Pant - only titles with Pant in them come up - Pants do not.

search engines however are different - there a size 50 X 32 pants would come up if they search for a size 50 X 32 pant.

Is that what you mean when you say TAGS? you mean searches?
tchsilver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Beck... like BigTall says, fill in all of your pages. I think search engines will spot those too. I like your logo and the colors. Your teens and pre-teens children's jewelry is very cute. When you fill in your Terms page maybe mention a reminder that very small children with jewelry should be watched closely... I think it looks great!

TCH
~~~~~~~
www.tchsilver.com
www.tchsilvershop.com
www.tchgiftsandthings.com

Last edited by tchsilver on Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
AAA-1-Stop-Shop

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Beautiful Store, Reply with quote

The only thing i see missing is your store policies, and FAQ's, these can be important , especially to first time customers, THANKS< TOM in Ky, lol
capitalus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daisy -
very nice store! I love your logo! I don't really know what else to add Very Happy

AAA - may I comment on yours - I like it too! Many nice items! Your home page: I'd either put more featured categories on your home page or, if only one was chosen on purpose, I'd give it the centered place.
Also, I guess you'll have to face the same problem as I do: I have to idea how it's possible to target market with both computers and bird houses at the same time Confused
AAA-1-Stop-Shop

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the critique, i am trying to get more than one item on my home page, but for some reason , its only putting a single item on each page, how do i display multiple items there? When you put key words in your description, the search engine spider scans, and then when a person puts a word in the search box, the spider matches the search word to the key word in your description, and directs it to your store , So you may have more than one type of product, as long as keywords for every type of product are in your description, the spiders find it, and direct to your store.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: