eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Product submitted to Google

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joesthisandthat

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Product submitted to Google Reply with quote

Hi, I have listed 33 items only 32 are submitted to Google. 30 are approved and 2 have Encoding problem in attribute: description. So how do I find out which items have these errors. Thanks Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
kjscreations

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't worry about it.... they will probably pick up next time. if you have like 25% of your items not list.... then you may want to go looking.

Don't waste your time on 2 items.... spend it listing more Laughing
At least for right now.
acread

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The encoding error usually has to do with one of the unusual characters you use. Slanted apostrophes, slanted quotation marks, long dashes, and inverted question marks are some of these. Could also be certain bullets you use. Any character you need to specially open an insert character type thing may create issues. If you copied text from another site and not noticed it in your typing it can create the problem.

In this product http://joesthisandthat.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=4956233 do you see aposthrophy in the first "It's" it is slanted. So this probably is one of your problem products. Remove the apostrophe and type a straight one in it's place (like the ones I typed here). You have slanted apostrophes here as well http://joesthisandthat.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=6675794

Bullets on this page may be another issue http://joesthisandthat.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=6472681 (the black ones)

When you correct things, the feed info won't automatically change. It takes about a week to see the results of your edits at Google feed tab.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
do you see aposthrophy in the first "It's" it is slanted. So this probably is one of your problem products. Remove the apostrophe and type a straight one in it's place

HOW do you type a "straight one" if your keyboard is a slanted one.

I personally had to buy a wireless keyboard to accommdate this forum and it's issues with it.
This is the very first time I have read anywhere that google has an issue with it.
More and more laptop keyboards have slanted " and '
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Joe,

Take a look at http://joesthisandthat.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=6829208. This product is not showing up at Google and the description has extra coding to allow the TM symbol. My computer shows funny little marks between the word and the TM mark. If you omit those TM symbols and just make a comment at the end of the description that blab, blab, blab are trademarks owned by blab. (Do fill in the blabs with the correct titles Wink ) I can't help with the two that did list with errors.
acread

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
Quote:
do you see aposthrophy in the first "It's" it is slanted. So this probably is one of your problem products. Remove the apostrophe and type a straight one in it's place

HOW do you type a "straight one" if your keyboard is a slanted one.

Get a different keyboard.

Or type one in Word and create a macro and call it.

If you like live with the error messages. That is an option too.
Quote:
I personally had to buy a wireless keyboard to accommdate this forum and it's issues with it.
This is the very first time I have read anywhere that google has an issue with it.

Well now you know.

If you don't belive me type a bunch of them and see what happens. You can run your own experiment.
Quote:
More and more laptop keyboards have slanted " and '

Whatever
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: