eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Checkout Promotions!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bdskeystonecorner

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty simple to set up. I am using it now until the end of the month.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Too bad they don't offer a "% off" option but still, pretty good.

You can give a % off by siging up at your Google Checkout page under tools. Click on Coupons. You can advertise your discount on your home page and tell customers the code word to use, advertise the coupon on your blog and other places and stick a note about the coupon in with all your outgoing packages. Better to have a coupon that has a large time frame as it takes awhile to trickle down and be used.

You may not get an ad or a badge thingy, but you can still give a discount as long as they checkout with GCO. Doesn't work with PP.
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:

You can give a % off by siging up at your Google Checkout page under tools. Click on Coupons. You can advertise your discount on your home page and tell customers the code word to use, advertise the coupon on your blog and other places and stick a note about the coupon in with all your outgoing packages. Better to have a coupon that has a large time frame as it takes awhile to trickle down and be used.

You may not get an ad or a badge thingy, but you can still give a discount as long as they checkout with GCO. Doesn't work with PP.

Isn't this the one that doesn't work if you use the shipping calculator?
zickit

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jigsaw-puzzle-palooza wrote:
MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:

Isn't this the one that doesn't work if you use the shipping calculator?

YES
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would this not work with the shipping calculator as the percentage is based on product sold not the S&H?
acread

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Why would this not work with the shipping calculator as the percentage is based on product sold not the S&H?

This topic is about GC promotions not GC coupon codes. (Two separate things)

The coupon codes utilize GC's merchant calculation and so does the shipping calculator. And apparently only one thing can be used with merchant calculations. So if you turn on the calculator you cannot use the coupon codes.
sprout

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I guess I'm late to the game, but it just occurred to me tonight to use the google promotion tool. I can't use the coupons because I use the shipping calculator, but I'm thinking the promotions work regardless, correct?

Also, many of these responses were from a while ago. Has anyone tried to use them consistently in the last year? If so, have you seen any patterns or results? I'm going to use the $10 off a $75 purchase this weekend, and then I'm going to $5 off a $30 purchase next weekend. I'd love the larger purchases but the amount off the larger amounts is a bit rough!
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm thinking the promotions work regardless, correct?

NO IT WON"T if it's one that requires a code to be entered into a box.

Quote:
Has anyone tried to use them consistently in the last year?

Shipping Calculator and coupons CANNOT be used together. Still. Google has done nothing about it. Not sure why it don't work, but it don't work.

Quote:
I'm going to use the $10 off a $75 purchase this weekend, and then I'm going to $5 off a $30 purchase next weekend.

DID you get an invite for a new google promotion?
They normal work YOu select what you want and you have to do that the whole time period. Not some for one weekend and another the next. The promotion time period is set by google and you select what you want to offer. BUT you need to be invited by google to partcipate.
sprout

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, BigTall.

This is a separate promotions section on Google Checkout-no coupon code required. It's just like when they invite you to join the seasonal promotions, but it allowed me to choose an amount and the time period I wanted to offer it. I was thinking because it was separate from the coupons (no code needed) that it would work, even with the shipping calculator?

If you go in to your google checkout account and choose 'tools', it's right under the coupons.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, last time I looked there you couldn't create your own. Sorry I should have double checked for changes. Used to be you had to be invited to partcipate in google promotions, now they let you create your own.

Since it does say .... There is no technical integration required
it shoud work even if you use the USPS Calculator.

SAYS ...
Create your promotional materials.
We encourage you to actively market the offer on your website and in other customer communications. Messaging must include the following statements: "Get $X (discount) off purchases of $Y (cart minimum) or more before shipping and tax with Google Checkout. Limit 1 per person. Offer available until (end date)."

INteresting part of the terms ..
Remove all promotional material
Although the promotional button will turn off one hour before the promotion end time you configured on the Promotion Details page, buyers will still receive the discount until the promotion end time you configured. Please ensure that all promotional marketing is removed from your site prior to the end of the promotion.
Option to early
You can end your promotion at any time through the merchant center. Please note you may experience a delay of up to one day before we disable the promotion.

You realize your google checkout button on ecrater will NOT change to indicate this promotion.
sprout

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. I'm promoting it on Facebook, Twitter, our forums and through an e-mail with their exact wording.

It will be interesting to see if it brings in any purchases. What do you think about the discount options offered, BigTall? I was trying to weigh a slightly painful $10 discount against a nice $65 sale... seeing as I don't pay for my inventory, I guess I can swallow it. Interested to hear what your seasoned opinion is.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your offer is fine ....
$10 off a $75 purchase this weekend, and then I'm going to $5 off a $30 purchase next weekend

I haven't done these promotions since google used to pick up some of the offer. (those were the days, lol)
BUT like coupons the offers were never used by my shoppers.
I email every buyer a coupon for 10% off next purachse and in all these years (since google checkout started), I had it used less then a dozen times

We even gave away certificates for FREE items in our www.petsadored.ecrater.com store at a pet show and none of them were ever used.

My question is ... how you plan on REMOVING your promotional material? I don't get that part in their terms.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: