eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Order Confirmations

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zogics

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Order Confirmations Reply with quote

Hello,

It was just brought to my attention that when a customer purchases our product through eCrater they get a confirmation email from eCrater, then one from paypal, and then one us offering thanks for the order and advising when we'll ship. Three confirmation emails for one order seems excessive (if not annoying to the customer), so I'm wondering if there any way to "turn off" the confirmations that eCrater or Paypal sends? Does anyone else see this as an issue?

Thanks, Paul
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
JewelryDesignsByCher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really... I've found that's about average for buying online from any site ~

In fact, when you buy something on ebay, you get a "win" notice #1 from them, another from the seller #2, then a thank you from the seller #3, then a confirmation of payment from PP #4, then a confirmation & thank you from the seller #5, then a notification of shipment from seller #6 ...whew! Rolling Eyes Now THAT's excessive, but it's the system, since most are automated.
capitalus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Cher - what happens sometimes is one of the emails doesn't go through for whatever reason, so it's more chances at least one of them will, especially when they are sent from different emails/domains.
tchsilver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes... I think more than one is good. I think it's more of an assurance to the customer that their order is being processed.

TCH
~~~~~~~
www.tchsilver.com
www.tchsilvershop.com
www.tchgiftsandthings.com
2BOYSandTOYS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to 'try' and consolidate when possible, and it's easier 'here' than other sites. By this, most of my sales here have been thru PP. So - the buyer 'does their thing', and I get the eCrater and PP notice close to the same time.

Therefore, I can thank them for their order and super-fast payment in one, and also provide shipping update for them at the same time. So - I'm working 'hard' to be smarter in lieu of how all systems work.

I do not chase feedback, for fear of 'email overload' for the buyers - so it's a matter of figuring out how the system(s) do their thing, and then complimenting it vs. copying it!!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!! Embarassed Rolling Eyes Cool (talking in circles again - sorry...)

Erin

PS - I do (as a customer) prefer a personal note/confirmation/thank you from the seller vs. the system-generated 'stuff' that is auto. Based on my personal preferences, I 'go forth accordingly'!!
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Order Confirmations Reply with quote

zogics wrote:
so I'm wondering if there any way to "turn off" the confirmations that eCrater or Paypal sends?

Not at eCrater although it may be possible at PayPal (or maybe it's a setting in the buyer's account rather than the seller's), I'm not sure.

But I tend to agree that multiple e-mails is okay. The ones from eCrater and PayPal are just business notifications. But, sure, some people hate the extra e-mails and some may consider the personalized e-mail from the seller to be the one that sends them over the edge. But I haven't had any problems myself in that respect.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it concerns you - the number of emails they get then STOP sending one offering thanks for the order and advising when we'll ship. Just email them saying it shipped out today thanks! That's one less email and saves you some work.
zogics

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank to all for your replies.

For clarification, after the ecrater and paypal auto-confirmations, we send only one email. This gives us a chance to thank the person by name and establish valuable--but all too often missing in online commerce--personal contact.

In an ideal world, it would be great if we got an email from ecrater noting that someone just made a purchase and then had the option of either having ecrater send an auto-confirmation to the customer, or forwarding the same confirmation details ourselves with a personal message.

Thanks again for the input.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a confirmation being sent. It is the customers copy of the order they placed. Nothing more, nothing less.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: