eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

ACCEPTING CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
netgalleries

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: ACCEPTING CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there is a way to accept credit card payments through the automated system without Google Checkout?

I just had another bad experience with GCO closing an account with 6 orders charged, already shipped, not paid to me and now they've refunded the customers payments.

Shouldn't there be some option in the "Payment Options" selections that would let buyers know that a seller will accept their credit card even if the seller does not use GCO?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FashionsForHer

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please read teh terms of this site.
You must use a supposed payment method - which for credit cards that means PayPal and or google checkout.
netgalleries

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

Exactly correct. I accept credit cards payments through Paypal. however, my problem is that nowhere does the site inform buyers that they can use a credit card through Paypal. All it says in the payment options is "Paypal" not "Paypay account or credit card". Therefore, most buyers think that they must have a Paypal account to use the Paypal payment option. If the choice read "Paypal Account or Credit Card" that would clear up a lot of confusion, but how are we supposed to get that fact known to potential buyers if such a payment methods exists but is not disclosed to them?
FormalDresses

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
nowhere does the site inform buyers that they can use a credit card through Paypal.

Did you look at your product listing? Can't you see them credit cards?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just had another bad experience with GCO closing an account with 6 orders charged, already shipped, not paid to me and now they've refunded the customers payments

Whose account did GCO close? Was it yours or the customers? If GCO had sent you the order and showed it as charged and that you should ship, you should certainly have some recourse at GCO as with them you are supposed to ship when told to, or is this a case of the credit card didn't go through and you had shipped without checking this at GCO. I check each and every order at either PP or GCO to be sure the order is charged and that it should be shipped. You can't depend on the email that they send you to ship an itme.

I guess I am having trouble understanding why the problem with GCO and how to avoid it.
FormalDresses

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This can get you suspended from the site
Quote:
CREDIT CARDS ARE ACCEPTED - via email, telephone or an invoice we can send you to pay. Please contact us for details.
netgalleries

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: reply to FomalDresses Reply with quote

For what, accepting Paypal credit card payments?

Those little credit card pictures are cute, but they don't tell the buyer that they can use those cards through Paypal. It looks like just one more payment option in the list of items, that appears as;
"Payment Options: Money Order, Cashier's Check, Personal Check, Paypal [and then the pictures of credit cards - which gives the impression that the site accepts credit cards]. However, when a buyer goes to check out and pay, the only options shown are: "Paypal Money Order, Cashier's Check, Personal Check". no cute little pictures of credit cards next to Paypal or language that says "credit cards", it is totally not present at that point.

I don't know about you, but I have never once had a customer use a credit card through Paypal. When I write them their order acknowledgment letter and mention that they could have used a credit card instead of sending a check or money order, I always hear them say "I didn't see that in the check out system, I thought I had to have a Paypal account", and most of they time they say "I would have rather used a credit card". Since they have already checked out by some other means (I.E. check or money order) they usually don't want to go through the hassle of canceling the order, stopping payment on a check, and ordering it again. Not only is that inconvenient for them, but it is a terrible business practice for a seller to act so unprofessional.

This is why I said it would be great if ecrater could simply change the language on the Payment screen from "Paypal" to Paypal account or credit card". That would solve the entire problem.
FormalDresses

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For what, accepting Paypal credit card payments?

For saying - CREDIT CARDS ARE ACCEPTED - via email, telephone
netgalleries

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: reply to FomalDresses Reply with quote

They are still through Paypal, an ecrater approved payment method. Just to be safe though I already changed the language.
Thanks for your concern.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Requesting payment via email or telephone is NOT supported by ecrater[/quote]
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it curious that you KNOW that no one has used a credit card through Paypal. Since you actually have feedbacks, it means that customers HAVE used PP when buying from you since MO and checks don't allow feedback or are those feedbacks all from purchases using GCO before you decided to discontinue them? A PP receipt does not show what the customer used to pay with, whether from their PP balance, or credit card. A PP echeck will be shown as you have to wait for it.

It is quite obvious, to anyone living in the modern world, on our listing pages that you can use credit cards with Paypal and almost anyone who has ever used PP is also aware that they can use credit cards with it. I don't understand why you are having such trouble with payment programs. Hard to offer advice in this situation.
terrysgentlyused

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moon,
GCO can and will cancel someone's account without notice, refund all transactions that are current and refund those even if the seller has already shipped. I've seen others complain about this. All it takes is enough complaints from customers (and it ain't many) to have this happen to you. They do not communicate the reason nor do you have any recourse once it's done it's done and from what I've read they will not respond after the fact. Rather draconian don't ya think?
Not that I ever expect to have such a situation happen to me but it is a big reason I don't use GCO.
I did use them once before on another site and had no problems.
I think the OP is just wondering if displaying paypal could include some verbiage regarding "this is where you use your credit card". If no one used paypal (their customers) they could still have gotten feedback from GCO users.
Sorry if I went off topic but wanted to clarify, I think I did didn't I Laughing
I actually prefer checks, money orders, and cashiers checks. No fees Very Happy
and actually I consider them a safer method of payment. Once the check clears, ship and no charge backs or unauthorized use claims.
netgalleries

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: The non display of credit card info has happened again! Reply with quote

To all of you who thought I was so off base being concerned that the website was not very clear about customers being able to use a credit card to make purchases, it just happened to me again today.

Another customer elected to pay by check because the credit card payment method was unclear.

After I contacted the buyer here is the reply I got back:

"Hi Ed --

I would have preferred to pay by credit card, but I did not see the option on the order.

Jxxx"

I really don't think I'm off base suggesting that the IT guys at eCrater just make the language easier and more direct for buyers. I still think it would be very easy for them to put "or credit card" next to the word "Paypal" in the check out system.

They are usually so good at addressing concerns that I am having a difficult time understanding why this suggestion has fallen on deaf ears.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but you've gotta be pretty dense to look at the PP and GC options and not know you can use credit cards with either one. PP also has the echeck option. When you walk up to a cash register in a brick and mortar store and see the credit card decals around the register you don't say I wish you took credit cards as I don't like to use checks.

I've never had the issues the OP describes.
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL you would be surprised how many people walk up to a register in a store, where logos of Visa, etc, are displayed and ask "Do you take credit cards". I have a B&M store and it happens quite often. You want to say "Duh!" but just smile and say of course.
I have had customers send me a check because they did not know how to use their credit card with paypal. Quite a few do assume they need to have a paypal account to use it. I think it's a valid concern. Not knowing how many people are having issues with it makes it difficult to say how much it is impacting anyone but I am quite sure it does somewhat.
Not everyone is as knowledgeable as we about using checkouts, etc. If I wasn't used to online shopping I might be confused or hesitant. Older customes especially are not as comfortable or knowledgeable about online shopping. My mother couldn't figure any of this out on her own Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: