eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Buyer Leaves Negative Feedback without a good reason?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ra2warroom

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Buyer Leaves Negative Feedback without a good reason? Reply with quote

I just had a buyer leave me negative feedback because they thought the listing included more stuff than what was in the pictures or description. I offered a partial feedback (amount paid - shipping cost) since it was not my fault i.e. buyer did not pay attention to the listing, but they got upset and said they wanted a full refund. Now they leave me this negative feedback saying that I was rude over email and would not refund for missing parts!

Has anyone had any experience like this?

I do like that eCrater feedback is amount based and the amount of the item was low but most people do not ever leave feedback and I just don't want this to deter people from buying from me. I came here from eBay with 100% positive feedback on over 320+ transactions because I did not like eBay but I don't want to go back to eBay because there are people like this messing up my reputation.

Anyone have any input?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
kawaiitofu

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

contact eCrater using the contact link on the homepage. it may takes a few days to get a response so be patient Very Happy

good luck!
viewfinders

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send the listing url and the email showing you tried to deal with the seller to ecrater.
ra2warroom

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viewfinders wrote:
Send the listing url and the email showing you tried to deal with the seller to ecrater.

Thanks. I've already sent eCrater a message about the situation but I didn't include the emails. Should I just wait for a reply (request for more information) or just resend a new message with the emails?
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi OP,
You should hear back from ecrater fairly quickly, usually within 24 hours. I don't know if it's your items that attracts that type of buyer but I hope you will not refund people if you are not at fault. Ebay rewarded that type of behavior by buyers and cowed their sellers into bending over backwards even when not at fault and it has created a very hostile environment over there. We don't want that here. If your listing was accurate they are not intitled to a "partial" refund or any refund unless they want to return the item(s).
I'm not trying to tell you what to do but I would really hate to foster those kind of behaviors here.
I have had a buyer try to pull that one on me and it did not work. They left a neg and false statements regarding the product. I contacted ecrater, supplied proof of purchase, yada, yada and the neg went poof Smile
This ain't ebay Laughing
ra2warroom

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF wrote:
Hi OP,
You should hear back from ecrater fairly quickly, usually within 24 hours. I don't know if it's your items that attracts that type of buyer but I hope you will not refund people if you are not at fault. Ebay rewarded that type of behavior by buyers and cowed their sellers into bending over backwards even when not at fault and it has created a very hostile environment over there. We don't want that here. If your listing was accurate they are not intitled to a "partial" refund or any refund unless they want to return the item(s).
I'm not trying to tell you what to do but I would really hate to foster those kind of behaviors here.
I have had a buyer try to pull that one on me and it did not work. They left a neg and false statements regarding the product. I contacted ecrater, supplied proof of purchase, yada, yada and the neg went poof Smile
This ain't ebay Laughing

Thank you. Exactly why I don't like eBay. They increase fees when they're making a record net income, they remove discounts (increase requirements for power sellers), don't allow sellers to leave negative feedback, force sellers into purchasing insurance even though most are not businesses and can't afford to take those expenses, and support the buyer 100%. It is completely wrong.

I mean, I put the effort to take these nice pictures for my listings and I have no idea why someone would think something else was included other than what was in the pictures or in the description. This person even threatened a chargeback although I doubt their credit card company would allow it and I think Google Checkout protects me.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with superplush. I don't refund anyone for anything until they send back the item. I also don't refund shipping unless the problem was my fault. Usually when I tell them I won't refund the shipping only the purchase price of the item they decide not to send it.
ra2warroom

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Periwinkles wrote:
I agree with superplush. I don't refund anyone for anything until they send back the item. I also don't refund shipping unless the problem was my fault. Usually when I tell them I won't refund the shipping only the purchase price of the item they decide not to send it.

Of course, I did say they would have to send it back first. I didn't feel any need to even offer a refund but since it was such a small item and I knew I could easily resale it and if I wouldn't lose any money in then end, I decided to offer the partial refund just to make the buyer happy.
treasuresofthepast

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ra2warroom wrote:

Quote:
(eBay) ... don't allow sellers to leave negative feedback, force sellers into purchasing insurance even though most are not businesses and can't afford to take those expenses

I'm an ex-eBayer myself but eBay's never forced any sellers into purchasing insurance. Shipping insurance is to protect you, the seller, and not the buyer should anything happens to your package. USPS shipping insurance is not that expensive and you can simply add it to the shipping & handling fees or the item price. With regards to sellers who no longer are allowed to leave negative feedback, it is mostly due to the retaliatory feedback that had been used and abused by many sellers so I say, they brought it upon themselves. As a buyer, I'd rather have no feedback at all. Do online consumers really need feedback? I mean, if you purchase something from JcPenney or Sears, do you expect them to leave you feedback?

About your negative here, I hope you'll get it resolved soon. If it is unfair and you can prove it, I'm sure it'll be removed by eCrater.

Last edited by treasuresofthepast on Fri May 28, 2010 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
ra2warroom

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treasuresofthepast wrote:
ra2warroom wrote:

Quote:
(eBay) ... don't allow sellers to leave negative feedback, force sellers into purchasing insurance even though most are not businesses and can't afford to take those expenses

I'm also an ex-eBayer myself but eBay's never forced any sellers into purchasing insurance. Shipping insurance is to protect you, the seller, and not the buyer should anything happens to your package. USPS shipping insurance is not that expensive and you can simply add it to the shipping & handling fees or the item price. With regards to sellers who no longer are allowed to leave negative feedback, it is mostly due to the retaliatory feedback that had been used and abused by many sellers so I say, they brought it upon themselves. As a buyer, I'd rather have no feedback at all. Do online consumers really need feedback? I mean, if you purchase something from JcPenney or Sears, do you expect them to leave you feedback?

About your negative here, I hope you'll get it resolved soon. If it is unfair and you can prove it, I'm sure it'll be removed by eCrater (yes, unlike eBay, you'd have to wear your neg for like a year or so).

Well they do force you to buy shipping insurance in a way as they hold the seller responsible for delivery of packages. Adding shipping insurance to the cost of you listings makes your listings more expensive and less attractive so buyers to it only hurts the seller. And it does get expensive especially with all of the other fees on top of that (Like selling video games with %15 ebay fee + %2.9 PayPal + $1.75 Insurance).

Buyers of those major retailers do not need feedback but these are auction/personal/small business websites where there is an outside party that can judge cases of fraud etc. (eBay and eCrater themselves). I don't think buyer feedback should be forced but it would help out if a buyer has feedback from many sellers claiming the buyer was lying etc. and the buyer just opened another case with the same accusations on a different seller, eCrater could see this and compare it with the Seller's feedback use that to help make a decision on any claims.

I just wanted to add that although I love how free and open this site is and how quickly buyers can make purchases (no need to create an account) I have no option but to deal with whatever buyer makes a purchase. At least on eBay I could block buyers with bad history (ie has strikes, poor feedback, etc.). But there is no information on the buyers here, no history.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
they do force you to buy shipping insurance in a way as they hold the seller responsible for delivery of packages.

excuse me ... BUT

online sellers are suppose to follow the same rules and regulations as mail order houses. One of those rules is the product must arrive as described. If it don't arrive or is broken it's the sellers responsiblity.

PLEASE do not turn this into a discussion about ebay! This is the crater site and forum. Hence the name of this board .... Selling on eCRATER.com
comicscardsandmore

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do request that the buyer return the item(s) in question, make sure you get back the actual item you sent them and not a replacement. I have run into the occasional buyer who wants to try a 'switcharoo'.
To prevent that, any item I sell over a certain amount gets a secret mark on it made by me. I use a black light pen with a very fine tip and that allows me to leave a teeny tiny mark (about the size of a period) on an item that is invisible to the naked eye but shows up when a black light shines on it.
I let the buyer know in advance of them returning it that I have marked the item (I don't say how) and that the EXACT SAME ITEM must be the one returned or there will be no refund.
It works for me - since I have started this procedure, I have not had a single returned item.
Fortunately, 99.9% of people are honest and decent but the .1% are the ones that make things difficult.
joyfulsleep

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a great experience contacting ecrater about unfair feedback left for one of my stores. I gave all of the specifics (who, what, where, when) in my email and the next day I had a response from ecrater. I had refunded the customer, and ecrater just wanted a copy of the google checkout page showing that I did the refund. They then immediately removed the negative feedback.

Ann
Bloomingsales

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaahhh, you've been hit by a "newbie" with zero or lit'l feedback. They don't care....they don't read, they don't understand, they only "want what they want!" On other sites I have a written clause in my ads, "if you haven't left 10 positive feedbacks, don't bid on this item or your bid will be cancelled." Still get those non readers, yet I cancel their bids immediately! Ain't puttin' up with the attitudes of, "I am, therefore the world is!"

Sorry you had to encounter that.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloomingsales wrote:
Aaaahhh, you've been hit by a "newbie" with zero or lit'l feedback. They don't care....they don't read, they don't understand, they only "want what they want!" On other sites I have a written clause in my ads, "if you haven't left 10 positive feedbacks, don't bid on this item or your bid will be cancelled." Still get those non readers, yet I cancel their bids immediately! Ain't puttin' up with the attitudes of, "I am, therefore the world is!"

Sorry you had to encounter that.

That approach doesn't work here as no one registers with ecrater in order to buy here and if I saw something like that on a seller's site I'd not risk getting involved with such a suspicious seller.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: