eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Webmaster Tools - Can you use with Ecrater?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shoelaces

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Google Webmaster Tools - Can you use with Ecrater? Reply with quote

I use Google Webmaster tools on my non-ecrater sites and thought it would be good to install it on my ecrater site. Google is asking me to install the following meta tag. I have tried adding this to several of the pages under Edit Texts. When I go through the Verify process Google Webmaster tools does not find it.

<meta name="google-site-verification" content="He2AkIbDGlwA0hReWe43hxPSLhpKs0NGNQEbZorSbkE" />

Has anyone been successful in getting Webmaster tools to work with an ecrater store? My ecrater store is http://www.shoelaces.ecrater.com

Paula
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For that type of stuff you need the ability to edit html. At eCrater sellers cannot do that. So no you cannot use Webmaster Tool.

Editing the Text is not editing html.
HOMEBODIES

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question. I know through reading here that we are not suppose to use webmaster tools with our ecrater store.

Way back when setting up google checkout, google analytics or something I also entered my ecrater url in webmaster tools. This was in 09 and it is still there, along with a meta code and all that. It says 'not verified and has a link to verify.

My question is... If I delete it, will it mess up my other things like google merchant, checkout etc. Should I delete the link or leave it alone since it is not verified and everything seems to be working fine. (except for the slowdown in traffic this month which I don't think has anything to do with that.
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should not hurt anything to delete the webmaster info, there is no way to use it on eCrater. Of course you could always go with the thought, if it aint broke don't try and fix it! Laughing
aspencounty

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOMEBODIES wrote:

My question is... If I delete it, will it mess up my other things like google merchant, checkout etc. Should I delete the link or leave it alone since it is not verified and everything seems to be working fine. (except for the slowdown in traffic this month which I don't think has anything to do with that.

What you have there is unique to WMT and will have no affect one way or the other on your other G stuff. Without verification you can't submit your site maps but I think you may still receive some basic data so I would just leave it, it's not harming anything.
HOMEBODIES

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick answers. I think I will leave well enough alone then. Smile
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOMEBODIES,

I did the same thing and was going to delete Webmaster Tools but couldn't figure out how to do this without deleting the whole Google account.

When you sign up for Google Checkout, it's like walking through the grocery store when you're hungry. You pick up all the options you think you might need.
If you change your mind you can't put one back on the shelf. You have to abandon the cart and start over.

If anyone knows how to delete parts of a Google account without closing the whole account, please share.

ralph
Art-Objects

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: google search and WMT Reply with quote

Hello,
I have the same problems, i.e., nobody can find my products on Google search because they are not showing up! Yet, I do not see very many other eCrater stores products in searches that I conduct (but I do find many eBay, rubylane, goantique, etc...). Since we cannot use WMT tags in our text, what can be done?? I believe I've tried everything else but, maybe, I am missing something. I do need help to get traffic back in my store. Thank you.
Art-Objects.eCrater.com
Art-Objects

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: google search Reply with quote

Hello again,
After reading many pages of comments on the subject I realize that many other eCraters have difficulties in seeing their listings on Google search (not shopping). For whatever reasons, it is small consolation. And since we cannot use Google Webmaster tools, I'm not sure, I know what to do. if anyone has news ideas that have lead to success in searching for their items, please, let me know. Crying or Very sad
art-objects
HOMEBODIES

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a google profile. Should we have that filled out for our Ecrater store?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: