eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

HUH? :)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DataCowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: HUH? :) Reply with quote

Hi Folks!

A couple of questions here.... Smile I am new to Google Feed and all that.... I just recently got my setup for Google Checkout, Merchant ID, and all that jazz. And more than likely, this question has been asked and asked again, but it's 1:39am on a Tuesday morning, Smile

Ok... here we go.... I set my store up the other day, and have been going back to it when I get the time, updating this, and fixing that. At the moment I have just one item up, just to see how it would look. I have my titles, categories, meta(s), and my merchant stuff (Paypal and Google Checkout) set up. I also have been working on my FAQ(s), About, Contacts, etc...etc... I was wondering... if I am not completely setup yet... do I have to be on hold? What is Google Feed Status? I got a message about it, and it says this:

There is no Google feed for your store. This generally means one or more of the following:

"You are using your eCRATER store URL in another Google Merchant Center account. You must remove this second account if you wish eCRATER to handle this. If you have an account with other marketplaces that submit to Google Product Search please make sure you remove your account with these marketplaces as well or at least disable Google Merchant Center submission."

--- What does this mean exactly? Sorry for the foolish questions, if they are, but I am a complete newbie in having my own place! Smile

.....HELP!..... Smile

MIke/Data Cowboy

My Store: www.datacowboy.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,
Some of the mods will probably be along shortly with advice. Your store looks very good. You do not have to have it on hold as you add or update as long as you have something for sale. That message on your admin page from google is something that is there until the first feed goes through - just ignore it. Welcome and happy saling Smile
DataCowboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh... gotcha!

Thanks for the compliment... I was kinda flying by night at first, but I plan on having a bunch more stuff up and running soon. I was reading some of the posts about being "Suspended" and all that, so I checked out the rules.... and I seem to be following them - I was just curious about that message.

Thanks again!
Comics-Emporium

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have another store on Ecrater or another site selling the same items?

I believe what its saying is you have the same items listed somewhere else also, and they don't allow both of them in Google searches(No duplicates), so you would have to remove them from the other site in order for google search in ecrater to work for you..
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just recently got my setup for Google Checkout, Merchant ID, and all that jazz.

UT OH
You can not set up a Google Merchant account for your ecrater store.

Quote:
if I am not completely setup yet... do I have to be on hold?

NO but as a customer ... would you buy from a store that looks like it's not complete and might be gone as soon as you make a payment?

Quote:
There is no Google feed for your store.

You are too new! Give it time
bookboutique

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, I *think* and please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this, but don't google feeds cease when your ecrater store is in "on hold" mode?
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
don't google feeds cease when your ecrater store is in "on hold" mode?

YES
neweratradingpost

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy Cowboy!

I just went to your store too, and noticed that "Motorcycle" is spelled wrong on the Home page.

Just thought you might like to know!

Your store looks great, by the way. Good luck!

Jeannie Laughing
DataCowboy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all!

Thanks for the advice!!! I GOTTA learn how to spell one of these days! Smile

I DO have an account on WeBidz also.... and I use Google checkout there too. Is there a problem with Google Merchant on both sites? Or am I confusing it with something else? I really need some more coffee.... Smile

This is the only site that I have a Google Merchant account (I think). I have Google Checkout for Ecrater and WeBidz. HEY! There's a question! How the heck do I know I sold something here? Smile I know that sounds stupid, but I got looking at everything, and the Admin page doesnt show "Sales".... or is that under "Orders"?

Where's that coffeepot????? Smile

Mike
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DataCowboy wrote:
Is there a problem with Google Merchant on both sites?
This is the only site that I have a Google Merchant account (I think).

Did you catch what BT said above:
Quote:
UT OH
You can not set up a Google Merchant account for your ecrater store.

If I'm reading what you wrote correctly, you have tried to set up a Google Merchant acct. here? We can't do that.
Quote:
How the heck do I know I sold something here? Smile I know that sounds stupid, but I got looking at everything, and the Admin page doesnt show "Sales".... or is that under "Orders"?

Your sales should show up under "Orders". I only use PayPal, but if you use Google Checkout, I believe there is an API that has to be set up correctly or you won't get any email about an order. Now, most savvy sellers have learned not to depend on email notifications (I hope), but rather to check the Orders section and check their Google and PayPal accounts for payments.

Enjoy your coffee! Hope I didn't add to the confusion! Very Happy
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have Google Checkout for Ecrater and WeBidz.

You need ONE for EACH site. You can not share it. THe API has to be there for each site and GC only allows one API per GC account
DataCowboy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
Quote:
I have Google Checkout for Ecrater and WeBidz.

You need ONE for EACH site. You can not share it. THe API has to be there for each site and GC only allows one API per GC account

Oh!!! Now I get it. So I have to set up a different account if I want to use Google here.... Hmmm... Maybe it will be simpler just to use PayPal here. Thanks for all the advice!!!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: