eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

ACCEPTING CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vintagecornerstore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I think it could be made clearer.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
VosaStyleEmporium

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also just had a customer ask if I accepted credit cards, and I can only use PayPal as a payment processor.

If you go through the checkout process, you'll see that the buttons all say "PayPal" or "pay with PayPal". Only until you get to the very last page to submit your payment information are you given the option to enter your CC info, or log into your PayPal account.

I agree this information could be made much clearer to the buyer. While we're all internet/web savvy, there are many people who, unfortunately, are not. It's unfortunate, but we must presume that the majority of people are not web savvy.

I've done customer support for several large online companies and you'd be amazed at the types of questions that come in. I'm not trying to offend or demean anyone, but this is just the reality. Clearer information would just make the site more user-friendly.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF wrote:
LOL you would be surprised how many people walk up to a register in a store, where logos of Visa, etc, are displayed and ask "Do you take credit cards". I have a B&M store and it happens quite often. You want to say "Duh!" but just smile and say of course.

I know what you mean. I had signs on the front door, on the sales counters, at the register and the customers would still ask. Rolling Eyes

With that said ... I didn't know you could use a credit card via PayPal without having a PayPal account until I started selling here. I've had my PayPal account at least 10 years and sold online for that long. I never really thought about it because the payments either came from PayPal or they sent a paper payment.

I would think there are a lot of folks who buy online using their credit card that would NOT want to sign up for a PayPal account. It would seem helpful to sales if the check-out page made it clear that you did not have to have a PayPal account to use your credit card. I'm going to add a comment to my FAQ page.
artsytartsycountrycrafts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Help! Reply with quote

I don't mean to sound like a dingbat,but I just got my account with Paypal completed.I choose the Paypal payment option & typed in my email address.One question & one favor PLEEEASE!Should I have typed out the address of my store or did I get that right?And could someone tell me how I could make sure my option is set in the store?
Embarassed
IncredibleClutter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Help! Reply with quote

artsytartsycountrycrafts wrote:
I don't mean to sound like a dingbat,but I just got my account with Paypal completed.I choose the Paypal payment option & typed in my email address.One question & one favor PLEEEASE!Should I have typed out the address of my store or did I get that right?And could someone tell me how I could make sure my option is set in the store?
Embarassed

Yes, you just choose the PayPal payment option, then put your email address that's connected to your PayPal account.

To check if it's set in the store, click into one of your listings and you should see the PayPal option listed there.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Should I have typed out the address of my store or did I get that right?

Should you type out the URL of your store and put it where??
PayPal don't need it.
DoYouReadMe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This issue with credit cards and paypal is very relevant.

I too have had payments sent by check, because the self-admitted "not computer savvy" buyer was unaware about this aspect of paypal. They want to pay with credit card, but don't find the option in check out. Every day a newbie gets a computer, and they don't know what some of us "oldies" know about the ins and outs of online purchases.

Simple change of the paypal template verbiage to indicate that you do not need a paypal account to use your credit card with paypal would be a huge help. It would be a great improvement if we could get that clarified for our buyers.

I had not been aware of this feature with paypal myself until I attempted to purchase an item on ebay about 18 months ago, and found that I could use a cc without signing up for a paypal account. Is that seller hadn't put this in his description, I would never had known about this special feature of paypal, until I actually did get my own account.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: