eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

POSTING

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enjoylifeproducts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: POSTING Reply with quote

Hello All I wanted to ask, if there is a way to use the same listing for repeat items? I mean like I sell tops so is there a way to use that but just change the picture? Question
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can create one listing, and then copy it to quick-start another similar listing. Is that what you mean?

Once you have created the first one, look at the right-hand side of your Products list in the Admin page. There are 5 little icons, a G, a camera, a pencil, 2 sheets of paper, and a big red X. The 2 sheets of paper icon is the "Copy" button. It will create a copy of that listing except for the picture; you just go down the page and change what needs to be changed for the new listing, inserting the new picture, etc., and then hit Add & Exit at the bottom.

Hope that helps! Very Happy
enjoylifeproducts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks for the help Very Happy
DoYouReadMe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it's gonna be a problem for you to use the exact same ads and only change the picture.

Maybe that is okay since the pics are different, but there is a restriction on selling the same item, and your wording being exact makes it seem that you have a bunch of the same item.

I did see that you are indeed selling different items, but maybe add the color or some other text detail in your title to show the google search bots that you are really selling individual unique items.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't go and look at the items; I was thinking about selling something "similar."

DYRM is right, you shouldn't have identical titles with only the photo being different. Maybe call one "Ladies Medium Top Blue print" and another one "Ladies Medium Top Pink stripe" or whatever they are. The descriptions should be different, too, and describe that particular item (blue print, long-sleeve, etc.).

The Copy button is a way to quickly start a new listing instead of starting from scratch, but each ad should be unique.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hit the copy button... add the new pic & then switch some words around in the title.... "Green shirt".... "Shirt Green"... sorta like that. Something in the title should be different... size, color whatever.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BECAREFUL
You keep using the exact same title and the exact description
the descriptions is worthless and does not describe what you are selling very well at all

Good Luck
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to do major work on your titles and descriptions. You should be listing the material, color, style keywords and measurements. You are selling used clothing and a large may not be the same number of inches once it is laundered.

Another thing you are way way off about is your shipping, particularly outside the US mainland. People looking for low cost budget clothing will not pay double for the shipping of a $5 top. A lot of your tops could easily ship via first class mail (under 13 ounces) and therefore are the same to US, HI, and AK. Even if you send them priority flat rate, the fee is the same.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat wrote:
You need to do major work on your titles and descriptions. You should be listing the material, color, style keywords and measurements. You are selling used clothing and a large may not be the same number of inches once it is laundered.

If you read their text info - about us, terms etc ... they don't do that. Since they sell WHOLESALE

wish them all the luck.
enjoylifeproducts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: thanks to all Reply with quote

thanks for all the help, I am glad I didn't list all my items yet so I can go over the ones I have already and prevent the same mistake on the others Surprised
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although they say they sell wholesale, some items are up for sale as one item and then others as lots. All coming out to about $5 a pop for used clothes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: