eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I made my first sale on Ecrater!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
critterstuffgalore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: I made my first sale on Ecrater! Reply with quote

I am sooo excited that I recieved my first sale here on Ecrater. Thank you to my very first customer and hope to have many more. Check out my store at: http://critterstuffgalore.ecrater.com or my personal site www.thedogcabana.com (I have many more items available there...it takes forever to add things here...LOL)

Laughing

Thanks,
Christen
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
kjscreations

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congats!!! One thing though... On your welcome message... put your "Keyworded" info first... then if you think you need to talk about ebay... put that last. Searches pick up the first line or 2 & it should have keywords..... personally... get rid of ebay mentions & if your items in that catagory are not really for sale... that would get you suspended. Hide those while working on them.

Oh... be sure to join the PetsAdored Facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=124661560905301

& Businesses Growing Together at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120764541291655

Then you can promote your store more Smile
critterstuffgalore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

kjscreations, thanks for the advice! I don't know how to hide things while I work on them. I only know how to hold the store but I don't want to do that.

Thanks again!
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love you stuff. Congrats on the sale.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

move out of Promote your store.

Please be sure to post in the correct section of the forum

CONGRATS!
AlmostAntique

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, May you be blessed with many more. Yeah, Yipee, Awesome!!
Michelle
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you Reply with quote

critterstuffgalore wrote:
I don't know how to hide things while I work on them. I only know how to hold the store but I don't want to do that.

You have added a comment to one category that states "not currently for sale", but have not put the items on hold so they are for sale. Log into the admin section for your store. Click on Products, then "Choose Category" to select just the category you don't want active. For each item, click on the pencil icon to the right of the name to edit that item. Scroll down the page to the section between selecting Global categories and Taxable. There is a check box to "Hide this Product". Click the check box then be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Update and Exit".

You will need to do this for each item you want to place on hold. The item will not show in your store, but it will show in your admin section as a gray title. You might also want to change the name of the category to something like else other than myebay. Maybe just zzz so it will be at the bottom of the category list. Once you hide all the products, it will show 0 items in the category.

Since the items are active, if they have already been sent to Google Shopping, a customer could click on the item and see it in your store, but the "buy it now" button will not work and will say "X ON HOLD".
vintageinterestnmore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!
critterstuffgalore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Thanks everyone Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice!
livehappy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratss!! I hope to get my first sale soon (http://livehappy.ecrater.com)! How long did it take you to have your first sale? Any tipss??

Once again, Congrattsss! Very Happy
critterstuffgalore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

I think it took me a few months for my first sale but I haven't been advertising it as much as I wanted to. You have very nice pics. I love photography as well and I have a Nikon D60. It is almost my best friend, LOL.

I don't have any tips, since I'm just learning the ropes too. But there seem to be plenty people on here that have them!
epicloots

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my first sale in like 2 weeks after starting and I have not even started on the store. Still learning about tags and what not I have buddy working on a store logo and what not so I will have that up soon
If you would like to check me out http://epicloots.ecrater.com
soapsnstuds

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, kritterstuffgalore!!!

After housing 80 items for close to two months, I finally got my very first sale this morning as well.

Even rewarded the customer with Priority Mail delivery and got them a Delivery Confirmation Number and e-mailed them this info just one hour after shipping. Takes a lot of faith for somebody to order from somebody with no feedback yet.

~ Kevin in Downtown Tulsa
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to you Kevin in Tulsa...from Diana in OKC! Laughing

Nice to see another Okie around. One suggestion fill in your about me and terms so customers no what your policies are and get to know you a bit.
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrat's Kevin..and hope you have many more...
WHAT..you didn't fill in terms and about yet..thought we talked about this several days ago..lol!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: