eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Scam Alert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AsianAntiques

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Scam Alert Reply with quote

I received any inquiry regarding one of my inventory items which I answered.

The next day (today) I received an email back and it was so very obvious that it was one of the "African scam" type deals.

Just a heads up for other sellers.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
caljackscollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Scam Alert Reply with quote

AsianAntiques wrote:
I received any inquiry regarding one of my inventory items which I answered.

The next day (today) I received an email back and it was so very obvious that it was one of the "African scam" type deals.

Just a heads up for other sellers.

Thanks for the heads up.
familyattic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Same thing for me! Reply with quote

Yes, I got an odd sounding email from a "waynefred" asking about an item and wanting our phone number and mailing address. He also asked about the "final price" of the item, as if it were an auction. After I responded, he wrote back again letting me know he was acting for a client, and insisting that he would pay me more than the cost of the item, and would handle the shipping himself through a "shipping company." He wanted me to remove the item from my listings "so no one else will bid on it" and send me a "certified check or money order" ... of course, I was also supposed to send him the difference back via Western Union. Yeah, right...

So, thanks for the heads up. Everyone else -- be alert.

The Family Attic
www.familyattic.ecrater.com
AsianAntiques

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Yep, same guy Reply with quote

Hope everyone knows enough not to fall for it.
wilbere

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads up.

Got two scam emails on two of my items last night from newcreaturefellowship01@gmail.com aka "Joshua Patrick" ("gift for my daughter," suspect grammar, identical inquiry on two separate items).

Deleted after a quick Google search on the email address turned up a scam report from a seller who did reply. He's using the old "will send someone to pick up the item" scam, phishing for info, probably passing bad checks along the way.
acread

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There already is report scam topic please use that to report thing not this one.

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=286
AntiquesAttic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got one too... jason
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirstyshaw251@gmail.com is a scammer. first email is very general, is the item still available and will I take a certified check. second email says she will send her own shipper to pick it up. She obviously just sent the second email without reading my response.
bricksandbeams

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got an email from ilikethewayiam100@gmail.com that I am pretty sure is a scam.

'Mary' wants to know how I am doing today. Also, 'Mary' wants to pickup locally and then wants the final asking price, etc.

Poor punctuation, etc.

She asks for name, address, city, state, country. Country? I guess theses are blanket emails all over the world.

Will be deleting this one I think.
CollectHappy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also got a request from ilikethewayiam100@yahoo.com
Here we go again!!! Delete
andymandyinc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: PayPal Reversed Payment Reply with quote

I had a guy purchase something from my ecrater store. He paid for it via PayPal, I sent the item, then he reversed his payment. I didn't think PayPal would allow something like that. Has this happened to anyone else and can anything be done? He received the item, but I have yet to receive payment. Don't sell to Bradley Mier from Talahassee, FL. His email address is: bradleymier@yahoo.com.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: