eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

facebook share ... in your store limited time
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: facebook share ... in your store limited time Reply with quote

Quote:
I added it to the stores to test it for 10 days. If it does not perform I will take it down. We will see.

Dimitar

If store owners don't use it ... it won't be there long.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used it a few times when it was first put there. I believe I read though that the share icon only appeared if the item was accessed through the main eCrater page (that is how I was doing it before). But I just tried it from my store page and it's there so now that I know that I will use it.
CuriousOwlBookShoppe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it would post to my personal page without the option of instead posting it to my store page, I won't use it. (FB issue, not an ecrater one)
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point is not only for us to use it but for buyers who see something to also link on to show their friends also. At least that is my understanding of how FB works.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CuriousOwlBookShoppe wrote:
Since it would post to my personal page without the option of instead posting it to my store page, I won't use it. (FB issue, not an ecrater one)

The point is so your friends see it and share it with their friends. It's not a page posting it's a wall posting
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
The point is not only for us to use it but for buyers who see something to also link on to show their friends also. At least that is my understanding of how FB works.

My thought is YOU need to get it out there for folks to see.
You post it and you friends see it and they click the share botton and their friends see it and some of their freinds click the share button and their friends see it ... etc etc and hopefully EVERYONE is sharing
thestonecrone

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think this is such a neat new feature . Thank you so much for adding it .
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonecrone wrote:
Think this is such a neat new feature . Thank you so much for adding it .

Use it ... or it will be gone
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not very observant. I wondered why it was taken off the general Ecrater store. This is great that it is in our stores. I think it works well on Facebok. I hope everyone starts to use this feature. Hopefully people will read this post and figure out what we are talking about.

For those who are wondering what we are talking about, if you look on each of your product pages in your live store, you will see the Faceboook icon. It is located under the pictures on the left.
Click on it and you can easily post the information on your wall. Or you can post any other store's item on your wall. Make sure you add a little message at the top. A thumbnail picture can also be included. Make sure you are patient until the right one is loaded.

This will spread as your friends click like or make comments about it, then their friends see it and pretty soon you are selling all over the place! Let's all use it so we don't lose it!
kjscreations

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whenever I am on some webpage.... article.... blog ... youtube whatever & I see those buttons for FB... twitter etc....
I always use them if I like this info.

Personally... most website & such have these buttons. We need to keep them. I love it!
One thing on my wish list, though (not just ecrater, but all those button links) is that when you want to share, you have a choice to share on a fan page, FB Group or your personal page. All of them go to your main page & I would LOVE to send it to my groups or fan pages.
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to put them on other pages the only way to do it is to copy and paste the item's url. I do that on my store page at least once a day. I also use it for the groups I'm in on FB. You should also add the ecrater group to your FB page.
I think ecrater should let it "test" for at least 3 months instead of 10 days. A majority of sellers don't ever read these forums. Is there any way to make them aware of the "use it or lose it" consequences?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the use it or lose within 10 days, now down to 8-9 days. Is this some difficult item to have linked to all our listings? I just don't understand and it does help to use it. Every FB link that I have had put up gets hits, no direct sales yet though, but one can always hope.
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still a little confused about the sharing bit. When you post a listing to your profile is that automatically shared or do you have to hit the share button again? When I do that I get duplicate posts on my feed page and sometimes on my profile page. So can someone clarify how you share your postings with your "friends" please?
kathys

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using the Facebook button. It's so simple.

Thank you.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried it, it's kind of neat!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: