eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Check the shipping rates box - New feature!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treasuresofthepast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Check the shipping rates box - New feature! Reply with quote

For those of us who use the USPS shipping calculator, there's a new link "Click to check" located right on the item's page where a buyer can click to check the shipping rates. All they have to do now is enter the country and zip code, hit "send" then they'll see a page where it lists all the shipping options and fees that a merchant offers. I think this option is pretty cool and really convenient for buyers who no longer have to enter the whole info page including name, address, email, etc.. before they can get to the shipping rates and options page.

Thank you, eCrater!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
shebang

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this is a great feature and is something I really really like.Since buyers do not register there has always been the problem of not being able to see calculated shipping,I think this really is user friendly and is something I would like as a buyer.Thanks Ecrater for yet another great improvement.
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great!!! Well, it is great but also a problem. Any of my items that are big enough to kick in the USPS dim weighting I have purposely listed a weight over 70 pounds so the calculator will time out and default to my backup shipping cost. My backup has been the "fixed" shipping boxes at the bottom of the listing. With this new AND great feature my oversized items are now showing shipping as $0.00!!! I have never filled out the shipping matrix but I suppose I better try it and see if it resolves this problem. If not I guess I will have to hide all my items that involve dim weighting

It doesn't appear the shipping matrix is resolving this issue. I guess until I can think of a solution I will have to go through my 900 items and hide all those that are over 1 cubic foot........nice

I suppose a temporary solution is to quit offering Priority Mail and go strictly with Parcel Post.... for now I think that's better

Now that I think of it that still won't resolve the items that are over 84" in length + girth.....ugh

Last edited by jigsaw-puzzle-palooza on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
shebang

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouch glad you noticed that I have lots of work to do
neweratradingpost

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice feature. I like! Shows me that I have some shipping problems though .... I'll head right on over to the Help section now. See ya!
silktraveler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Click to Check registering $0.00 on mine Reply with quote

Whew, glad I saw this thread. Hadn't noticed new feature. I do use Calculated Shipping. Can we not check to see if it's working on our own listings from the Preview screen? I am in my Store, hit Preview, pulled up 4 listings, entered my own and then other zip codes but all listings show 0 shipping, yikes!! Any help on that? I have Shipping Matrix, Shipping Zones, Weight Scales all filled out
shebang

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silk yes you can check shipping on your own products.Not sure why your getting 0 shipping are you adding a weight where you are suppose to?
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: Click to Check registering $0.00 on mine Reply with quote

silktraveler wrote:
Whew, glad I saw this thread. Hadn't noticed new feature. I do use Calculated Shipping. Can we not check to see if it's working on our own listings from the Preview screen? I am in my Store, hit Preview, pulled up 4 listings, entered my own and then other zip codes but all listings show 0 shipping, yikes!! Any help on that? I have Shipping Matrix, Shipping Zones, Weight Scales all filled out

what do you have in your weights?
You have somethign wrong that the calculator is returning a ZERO for everyone
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Click to Check registering $0.00 on mine Reply with quote

silktraveler wrote:
all listings show 0 shipping, yikes!! Any help on that? I have Shipping Matrix, Shipping Zones, Weight Scales all filled out
In your Admin section under options, you have USPS calculated checked, but did you select the type of USPS shipping options you wanted to offer? If you didn't select any, then your shipping would show as $0.00.
silktraveler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Click to Check registering $0.00 on mine Reply with quote

Thank you.
I have Small selected in the Weight Scale
Shipping Matrix filled out
First-Class, Parcel, and Priority selected.
Tried it again this am and still returning 0
(I did also go to a Help section posting thread on new Click feature)
thestonecrone

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the same problem- showing 0.00 for cost of shipping . The shipping has been correct on orders up until now so am not sure what the issue is . If someone figures it out please post the solution .
thestonecrone

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just a for what it is worth because I really don't know if it is going to completely screw everything up . I removed the USPS calculated shipping and when I look at the items it shows the base charge for shipping on items. I really hope the matrix will kick in and do combined shipping costs because that is the way it is set up .
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonecrone wrote:
I am having the same problem- showing 0.00 for cost of shipping . The shipping has been correct on orders up until now so am not sure what the issue is . If someone figures it out please post the solution .

This new feature only applies if you are using calculated shipping. You are not. I did check the shipping on one of your items and it came up as $2.00 as it's posted on the listing.
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL...never mind. I see you posted again while I was typing.
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silk, the origination zip code must be only 5 digits. You entered the zip as extended number longer than 5 digits. That's in Edit Account in the Admin Tool.

We edited the zip for you and now the usps calculator works fine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: