eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Attributes for Dummies
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
catncaboodle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Google Attributes for Dummies Reply with quote

I've just set up an eCrater store. I have one item up and am trying to put in google attributes. As of right now It's only letting me put two. I checked the little question mark and took note of the attributes that it accepts. I in put the ones that relate to the product that I'm listing but they disappear when I click on update. I'm getting so frustrated, I'd like to throw the laptop out the window lol I need help lol

Mel Evil or Very Mad
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you typing them in - what are you typing in?
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread explains both ways to do it, either typing them at the bottom of your description or using the G button:

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=5937

Don't know if that will help or not. Both methods work; the G button is a little simpler.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think by now the dropship companies would supply the sellers with google attributes.
You might ask them about it.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While you are fixing your attributes, you might also want to get rid of the cash on delivery option.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think catncaboodle must be using the G tab if they are disappearing. When you type them at the bottom of the description they don't disappear. They just look dumb hanging out at the bottom of your page.

Catncaboodle you need to put an online payment method in place and remove the COD. You are using a drop shipper. They will ship the item and the recipient will pay and the money will go to the drop shipper. I wouldn't want to try to collect on that if I were you.
May-God-Bless-All-Of-Us

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Google Attributes for Dummies Reply with quote

Hi!

I have read so many teaching on the subject on google attributes till i'm blue in the face, and i still do not understand it.

Does any one know if there is a video on this subject?

I have found other video about other subjects of teaching of ecrater, but not on attributes.

please help!
soapsnstuds

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish there really was a Google Attributes for Dummies book because I'm completely confused.

A few examples would be nice, too. For instance, I sell primarily entertainment magazines -- all in great shape but don't know if they're set up to even be featured in Google attributes.

I've had my store (and 60 items) up for a month now but not one single sale and am wondering if it's because I'm not doing Google attributes.

~ Kevin in Downtown Tulsa
May-God-Bless-All-Of-Us

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soapsnstuds wrote:
I wish there really was a Google Attributes for Dummies book because I'm completely confused.

A few examples would be nice, too. For instance, I sell primarily entertainment magazines -- all in great shape but don't know if they're set up to even be featured in Google attributes.

I've had my store (and 60 items) up for a month now but not one single sale and am wondering if it's because I'm not doing Google attributes.

hi kevin go to this link and read both pages, this will help.
it will, but that said there has to be an easier way one can bring traffic to ones store.
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?p=198155#198155
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soapsnstuds..this is OT..I went to your store ..you have filled in the FAQ but not your ..about, terms, and contact
you might also consider adding google checkout
good luck!
soapsnstuds

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, May + Pegs, I really appreciate the help (and I've filled in the About Me section and all that).

I still can't wrap my head around the attributes, though. Any chance some expert out there might take one minute out of their day and give me an example.

For instance, say I'm selling the May 10, 2010 edition of People magazine with Sandra Bullock on the cover. What would be just a couple of attributes for that ... because I'm so close to giving up after trying and trying and trying. Aaargh.

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soapsnstuds wrote:
Thanks, May + Pegs, I really appreciate the help (and I've filled in the About Me section and all that).

I still can't wrap my head around the attributes, though. Any chance some expert out there might take one minute out of their day and give me an example.

For instance, say I'm selling the May 10, 2010 edition of People magazine with Sandra Bullock on the cover. What would be just a couple of attributes for that ... because I'm so close to giving up after trying and trying and trying. Aaargh.

product_type.... back issues magazines
publisher....whoever the publisher is
title....People
year....2010
format....magazine
feature....Sandra Bullock, any other article of prominence, not restricted to one but separate with commas.

Use the attributes tab and enter words on the left of the .... in the left column and words on the right side of the .... in the right column. That way you don't have to worry about getting the punctuation right.

Do not leave a space between the beginning of the column and your first letter.

Last edited by thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat on Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
treasuresofthepast

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soapsnstuds wrote:

[!brand:People, People Weekly!]

[!publisher:Time Inc, Timer Warner!]

[!format:magazine!]

[!product_type:magazine, magazine back issues, newspaper!]

[!department:books, magazines, entertainment!]

[!made_in:USA!]

[!feature:Sandra Bullock and baby magazine cover, Julia Roberts special double issue!]

[!pages:number of pages here!]

[!edition:May 10!]

[!year:2010!]
treasuresofthepast

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:

title....People

The "title" attribute is not supported by eCrater so the system won't take it if you use the Google Attributes tab. If you type it in at the end of the listing's description using the [!:...!] format, it will show on the listing's description page which the buyers will see as... description...... [!title:People!] which I think looks kind of silly.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. Use Brand instead of title
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: