eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Sold items still show in store

View previous topic :: View next topic  
my3closets

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Sold items still show in store Reply with quote

So I just opened a ecrater store listed a few items in there and I sold 1 item tonight a baby monitor it was paid for by seller using paypal.. I also got the notification. So I logged in and started to skimm the views and as i was doing that i seen the monitor still listed as it never sold. I logged out thinking maybe its just on my admin end so i logged it using the site url and yep still there for buyers to see
I put that I only had 1 avaliable so why didnt it get removed?

I logged back in and went to the sold area part to see buyer info and all the info was there but when i clicked it to see a picture it said link unavalibale? but i think that has to do with me deleteingh the extra baby monitor that was listed in the store so no one else can buy it when i only had one product.

Now this is going to be a problem for me if I cant see the pics of what I sold cause I am selling my kids used clothing and with haveing 5 of practially the same items is going to be confusing... exp 5 shirts brand cheerokee main color white some maybe w/a small pic or either long or short sleeeve know what i mean? and if the item stays in store after its sold is really going to be a problem espically if says 2 people buy it Sad
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have inventory control turned on? Look in your Admin section > Options > is there a checkmark in Enable Inventory Control? This is the feature that automatically hides sold items after they are bought.

It is not 100% perfect; it does not remove items paid by money order or other methods besides PP and Google. There is a slight delay (I think 15 minutes or so) during which the item still shows up after it is bought; a few sellers have actually had another buyer "buy" a sold item during that 15 minutes. (It has never happened to me although I'd love to have that much traffic!! Laughing )

So depending on your situation, you'll need to decide why the item did not hide--inventory control not turned on, item not paid instantly and electronically, etc.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you see the sold item in your listings, it should be grayed out also until you delete it.

As to how you will know what sold for future items, You need to be sure each listing title is unique and tells enough that you don't have to depend on a picture to know what sold. Such as: used white shirt short sleeves size 5 button front Kmart brand, etc.
my3closets

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you and no I didnt have inventory control enabled, I didnt even know of that button... lol
I usally list on ebay but with all the fees and such i was making nothing so I figured maybe i can try ecrater and see how it works for me Smile
my3closets

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
If you see the sold item in your listings, it should be grayed out also until you delete it.

As to how you will know what sold for future items, You need to be sure each listing title is unique and tells enough that you don't have to depend on a picture to know what sold. Such as: used white shirt short sleeves size 5 button front Kmart brand, etc.

I literelly have like 20 med-lrg boxes of clostes from me & my 3 kids so its really hard to detail ever single piece.
treasuresofthepast

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize this doesn't have anything to do with your OP but while browsing your store, I noticed many of your items are used as indicated in your listings' descriptions but listed as brand new. Did you forget to check the "Used products" box while listing stuff? If the box is left unchecked, the system will list the item as "brand new" as default.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lot of items in stores that are hard to describe differently enough to avoid confusion. Therefore I started my own numbering system. At the end of each title is a number and store code. Viewfinders began 1000vf. Maggie the house cat started hc1000 and so on. That way I immediately know which store they came from and which shelf or bin to look it.

Where you have piles of baby clothing or doilies, a small spot of masking tape with the inventory number on it will not harm the item, is easy to remove before mailing and will save you hours of frustration in locating and second guessing yourself.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my3closets wrote:
I logged back in and went to the sold area part to see buyer info and all the info was there but when i clicked it to see a picture it said link unavalibale? but i think that has to do with me deleteingh the extra baby monitor that was listed in the store so no one else can buy it when i only had one product.
With inventory control, once eCRATER is notified by Google or Paypal that you have been paid, the item will be hidden from your store. The item will continue to show in Google Products for a few days, but if a customer clicks on the link the buy button will be changed to "On Hold" so they can't purchase. You can see the item once you are logged into your store. Any hidden item will have the title in gray. This item will stay in your store in a hidden state until you delete it. Once deleted, it's gone. You can send your customer a link to the hidden item if you wish so they can see what they bought while waiting for it to arrive.

PLEASE NOTE: as others have said, the inventory control only works for electronic payments. You will have to hide items sold by check or money order.

In looking at your store I noticed you are offering Cash on Delivery as a payment method. Cash on Delivery payment method is not really safe and it costs the seller extra money. Be sure to read more in the FAQ section. eCRATER.com Forum Index -> FAQs and Solutions -> What is Cash On Delivery
neweratradingpost

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Sold items still show in store Reply with quote

3closets,

About being able to distinguish which item was sold: I use a numbering system also. You could have, for example, dresses starting at #1001, shirts at #2001, whatever at #3001, and so on. Then put them away numerically too, and they'll be super easy to find and pull for shipping.

All the best, Jeannie Very Happy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: