eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How Do I Get Noticed In A Search

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quangels

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: How Do I Get Noticed In A Search Reply with quote

Thanks in advance for any help and/or advice.

Just to check on how my site is working, I went to eCrater and searched "quilling". (That's the art that I create - called quilling, turning paper strips into art and stuff!) None of my items come up. I did notice lots of other quilled/quilling items, even some merchants that I do business with.

Can someone direct me to a tutorial or give me some guidance on how to get myself listed if someone does a search on "quilling". I've tried to be exhaustive on my key words...don't know if that's a factor.

Thank you again.

Annette
http://quangels.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
treasuresofthepast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your items did not come up on eCrater search when you entered "quilling" because none of your item has the word "quilling" in their titles. They won't even come up in your own store's search if someone enters that word.

You should expand the listings' titles and descriptions with a lot of related keywords including "quilling", "quill" and "quilled" and any other words and synonyms that searchers would use when looking for the products. Then there are also optional attributes that you can use when listing stuff - more relevant keywords in order to come up better and be found in Google and other search engines.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search on eCRATER is a title only search. If you searched for "quilling", you would have to have that word in your title for your item to be returned.

You need to rework your titles. We are allowed 100 characters in our title and you need to pack that title with keywords. Look at just your title and ask yourself if it describes the item you are selling without looking at the picture or the category. Would a blind person know what's for sale just from the title?

The titles you have now would be considered nonsense because they don't say what you are selling. This could cause your store to be suspended because it is against the terms of service. So glad you checked and came to the forum to ask questions before you added a huge number of items that needed correction.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at 2 of your items at random. Not only is quilling not in the title, it is not in your description either. Search engines are not mind readers.

Here is one example:
http://quangels.ecrater.com/p/8412322/here-comes-the-quangel-bride
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your stuff is adorable but absolutely you have to redo those titles and increase your descriptions to explain what quilling is, what it is made out of, who makes it (you but I don't think you mentioned it). I catch the connection of quangel is a quilled angel but nobody would know that without looking at your actual listing. Better to redo your stuff now in the early stages than when you have hundreds of things listed.

although you need to have it filled in, most people don't read terms, about me, etc. so as much as you can put in your listing without it being boilerplate, the better especially as this is a craft that not a lot of people have heard of.
quangels

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all those that replied, thank you for your help!! I will take all your suggestions and rework my titles! Again, thank you.

Annette
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: