eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Bubble Cakes is here!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bubblecakes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Bubble Cakes is here! Reply with quote

Hi Everyone! I'm trying to open a new store. It seems I am getting confused and frustrated. Can someone please look at my store to see if I am headed in the right direction. I am working on 'about me' and 'faqs' I am not sure if my paypal is set correctly. Thanx

http://bubblecakes.ecrater.com/
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to ecrater.

Um. Er. Uh. Bubblecakes you don't mention that you are selling soap anywhere in your titles or descriptions. How will anyone find you if you don't say what you are selling?

Don't waste your time listing anything if you aren't going to make proper titles and descriptions. Not only will no one find your items, ecrater will suspend you for wasting their time and space.

That is the first thing you have to fix. Proper titles and descriptions.
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Smile Maggies suggestion is important. You want to spell out to potential buyers what it is that you are selling in your titles, more importantly, search on ecrater is for title and no one will find your soaps without a proper description in the title.
You should also remove cash on delivery from your payment options. That is COD, costly and dangerous to use. You're coming along, good luck.
bubblecakes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for the feedback. I removed the 'cash on delivery' option. Now here is where I am confused. I added the products and gave a description...but I'm missing the part where you say my titles and descriptions are not clear. Could you please point me to where I am supposed to do that. Sorry but I am kind of confused.
treasuresofthepast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bubblecakes wrote:
Now here is where I am confused. I added the products and gave a description...but I'm missing the part where you say my titles and descriptions are not clear. Could you please point me to where I am supposed to do that. Sorry but I am kind of confused.

What the previous posters meant was... Let's take this listing for example: http://bubblecakes.ecrater.com/p/8845914/lilac

You should max out the space available in your listing's title with a bunch of keywords related to the item you're selling instead of just "Lilac". I would rewrite the title as below:

Handcrafted Scented Bar Soap Lilac Fragrance Handmade with Organic Shea Butter Essential Oils

Note: the title doesn't have to be grammatically correct.

Then repeat the title on the first line of your listing's description. Describe the item as if there were no pictures. And don't forget to include more relevant keywords.

Just an example of what you could do. This way your item would show up on eCrater search, Google and other search engines if someone happens to look for "handcrafted soap", "handmade soap", or products with "essential oils" or "shea butter", etc...

Hope it helps!
bubblecakes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

I didn't have the foggiest idea what was meant. It all makes so much sense now. Thanx a bunch!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That title mentioned above which you seem to have fixed, is great. Make all of them like that and you should be in business.
bubblecakes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Thanx Reply with quote

So after I complete 'about me' and 'faqs' I should be ready for business? Is there a way to tell if I am set up correctly? I don't want to have any glitches. Surprised

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to fill in your terms page.

That would be if you combine shipping, how often you ship, what method you use (USPS, etc.) return policy, etc.

I see two issues...very minor.
On your home page you say the soaps include oils. But what you mean is they include essential oils according to your descriptions.

Also on the Black soap listing, you show a photo of a tray of soaps. That misrepresents your item. You are selling one bar of black soap and you show a whole bunch, none of which are black. It is best to hide that item till you can put the appropriate photo up.
bubblecakes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Thanx again Reply with quote

your input is greatly appreciated. Gonna finish everything tomorrow.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes... a good friend of mine said once.... "take pictures like there is no description & describe like there are no pictures."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: