eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Notification, Feedback & Sold Items

View previous topic :: View next topic  
retroattic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Notification, Feedback & Sold Items Reply with quote

I have a few questions. I did some searching and I think I have my answers but I just want to confirm because i can't find anything real specidic.

1. When I make my first sale I will receive email notification correct?

2. Do I understand correctly that if I make a sale that item will still show up in my shop? Even if the max quantity is marked as 1? I have seen some posts about sold signs. Why do you need sold signs? Can't I just delete the listing? Some clarification would be appreciated.

3. OK, I understand that if you are a buyer you don't have to register so you can't leave a buyer feedback. Can you leave feedback for a buyer who is also a seller?? Or, can I not get my feedback going buy making some purchases? I like the fact that buyers don't have to register but I'm wonder if people have problems with non paying buyers because of this.

Thanks for all your help! I really like it here! I can't wait to make my first sale!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
ljstores

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will answer your "sold logo" question
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2033

LJ
retroattic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! That helps a lot!
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When I make my first sale I will receive email notification correct?

SOMETIMES!
Always with money order/cashier check, personal check and PayPal paymetn options.
With Google Checkout it depends how you have it set up at google as to whether you get an email or not.

Quote:
Do I understand correctly that if I make a sale that item will still show up in my shop?

YES.
Quote:
Even if the max quantity is marked as 1?

YES because the max quantity box is NOT inventory but more of a limit of how many can be purchased at one time.

Quote:
Why do you need sold signs? Can't I just delete the listing?

Delete it = gone forever. Hide it = can not been seen by anyone but the seller can see it if they are logged in.
If you delete it or hide it as soon as you are paid - the buyer can not go look at it and compare it to what they received or even look at it well it's in transit. Maybe they want to show a friend the cool thing they bought online from you - hide or delete and it's gone!

Quote:
Can you leave feedback for a buyer who is also a seller??

NO because in that case they are still a buyer and you won't know they are a seller unless they told you.

Quote:
can I not get my feedback going buy making some purchases?

TRUE - you can not get feedback by buying. Feedback can only be received from a buyer -- so go get yourself some buyers, lol. Oh and they MUST pay using PayPal or Google - or they can't leave you feedback.

Quote:
I like the fact that buyers don't have to register but I'm wonder if people have problems with non paying buyers because of this.

I have less non-paying orders here then I do on ebay. And here, I lose nothing if they don't pay. #1 I paid nothing to list it. #2 I paid nothing to sell it. #3 It's not sold until I get the money so I have NO non-paying buyers. I simple have no buyer until I got paid!

Quote:
I can't wait to make my first sale!

PROMOTE, PROMOTE, PROMOTE
that is the only way you will get your first sale.
You do nothing - nothing will happen.
retroattic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer all of my questions I really appreciate. I'm promoting my little heart out way past my bed time!! I have confidence the buyers will come!!!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: