eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Anyone have a Facebook page?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do the share automatically and as for the rest I try to do what Lastade said. Interestingly enough I shared a link yesterday that someone else did that is on my friends list and then we had the link out there with both our names on it. I had been to a sites that had sewing books on sales, many out of print that were now being sold as ebooks. They had a FB share button so I did. It didn't land on my store page but my personal page and then I got connected to someone else as well. I try to use to 'share' buttons whenever feasible. When I find something that doesn't have a direct button, I copy the url and then post it directly from my store page where it feeds to my personal page and to the people who have liked my store page.

I honestly don't know exactly how any of it works, but since I started using it my sales are up plus I see a lot of different things, so FB is nice for 'coffeebreak' times. You never know when discussing politics or how to keep down fruit flies, who will click on your name and want to become your friend! They then will also see you store promotions.

Last edited by MoonwishesStore on Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
CLEOSCOLLECTABLES

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
Just want to thank all of you that have "liked" my business page on Facebook. I think I have liked all of you, if I haven't please let me know because it wasn't intentional. I just started a discussion where you can list all of your links on my page at facebook. Everyone is welcome. Very Happy
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the tab for facebook pictures, would this be a good place to add an additional link to your store, directing straight to the actual listing? I'm tempted to do this but wonder if doing so defeats the purpose of the individual daily listings w/pics + it might actually be against the rules. Anyone know? And if anyone's tried it, have you ever had a direct sale from it?
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my facebook page, www.facebook.com/lastade , everytime I make a post with a link to my page, a thumbnail photo comes up and it also automatically goes in a photo album called wall photos besides being listed on my wall. So that if someone wants to look at your wall photo, it already has a link. I believe it works the same on your profile page. I make posts with pictures uploaded to the post by the buttons below the box and a copy goes in my wall photos on the profile page. I don't know if it is against any rule. I don't think it is on my business page because it does it automatically, links the url with the thumbnail photo.
vintagevillage12

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: my facebook page Reply with quote

Hey everybody just wanted to share my FB page with you guys! I did this as a part of my original (personal) FB page so the link is much longer than most!

Other question is with the widgets and other stuff as the like buttons and stuff were do I program those in on both the eCrater side and FB side of things I still can't figure that out! any info on that would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hendersonville-NC/Vintage-Village-wwwvintagevillage12ecratercom/148533658493011?ref=sgm

Thanks
vv
kjscreations

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lastade-designs wrote:
On my facebook page, www.facebook.com/lastade , everytime I make a post with a link to my page, a thumbnail photo comes up and it also automatically goes in a photo album called wall photos besides being listed on my wall. So that if someone wants to look at your wall photo, it already has a link. I believe it works the same on your profile page. I make posts with pictures uploaded to the post by the buttons below the box and a copy goes in my wall photos on the profile page. I don't know if it is against any rule. I don't think it is on my business page because it does it automatically, links the url with the thumbnail photo.

OK... this must be some setting because only if I upload a photo is when it stays in my photos. When I post links that the thumbnail comes up... it never automatically stays in my photos. You can also check "no thumbnail if you don't want it & also if you don't want the whole description ... click on it & it will highlight & then hit delete.
WickedFantasyMaille

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.facebook.com/WickedFantasyMaille

I have a facebook page, feel free to join if you would like. Thank you.
vintagevillage12

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey again I have the same thing going on as lastade with the pictures showing up in the other file.

Also I think that I have gone through the whole thread and fanned liked or what ever we are calling it, though I was not smart enough to put a message stating to please fan/like me back with my return URL to make it easy on every one. I am at a whopping 5 likes right now so if everyone could help me out b/c my URL is VERY long!

FB http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hendersonville-NC/Vintage-Village-wwwvintagevillage12ecratercom/148533658493011?v=box_3&ref=sgm#!/pages/Hendersonville-NC/Vintage-Village-wwwvintagevillage12ecratercom/148533658493011?ref=sgm

Thanks for the help!
Stefan
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my fan page...I just added a FB store which is pretty darn cool! I have my website and my EC store combined. I just set it up a few days ago so it looks kinda naked...but I'll get there!

http://tiny.cc/GoneFunky
vintagevillage12

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Frilly just fanned ya looks great!

Does the shop tab that you have sink up with eCrater I have been looking for one that does and I have found one that does for eBay, and some other sites but not eCrater.

Also does anybody know why when I "like" somebody it show's up on my personal pages profile page, doesn't that stream to all of my regular friends?

Thanks,
VV
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much to do, but I finally got my 25 fans so now I think I get to make a shorter url for my business page. Once I figure out how to do it! I think I have to scroll through this thread again.

Frilly that is interesting. I'll stop over to see what you have done. Can you tell I was sick for a week and am behind on everything....again! Thankfully items stay listed and can sell whether I feel good or not.

Posted a link today and had a comment almost immediately on it which surprised me. My FB numbers keep climbing and that really seems to help. I don't think we can afford to not be using FB to promote our stores.
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vintagevillage12 wrote:
Hey Frilly just fanned ya looks great!

Does the shop tab that you have sink up with eCrater I have been looking for one that does and I have found one that does for eBay, and some other sites but not eCrater.

Also does anybody know why when I "like" somebody it show's up on my personal pages profile page, doesn't that stream to all of my regular friends?

Thanks,
VV

The app I am using is through my website host. There are other types of apps you can use for eCrater such as Payvment http://www.facebook.com/payvment and Netcarnation http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=81477261261

Mine has only been up for a few days...nothin' happening that I can see so far!
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Netcarnation looked really good until I got to the part where they don't currently support eCrater. No forced Paypal like Payvment so that's good. Maybe I'll drop them an email request. Anyone know of any others like these services?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big thank you to Sprout for the link to how to set the 'vanity' url to our FB store/product page!!!

Now you can visit me at http://www.facebook.com/MoonwishesSewing instead of http://www.facebook.com/pages/edit/?id=106624772720155#!/pages/Moonwishes-Sewing-and-Crafts/106624772720155

The new url will look so much better on invoices and emails to customers!

Now to continue on figuring out how to use the store link. Apparently Payvments got a problem with shipping on FB so I will be looking elsewhere.

Thanks again to those who have helped and given guidance here. It is greatly appreciated. Very Happy
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must have missed that post. I could stand trimming a bit off, mind posting that link again Moonwishes?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 21 of 51

Jump to: