eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Attributes on Product page.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
neweratradingpost

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Google Attributes on Product page. Reply with quote

Why are Google Attributes suddenly showing up on the product pages of my latest listings please?

Thanks.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
treasuresofthepast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be an extra space somewhere or eCrater non-supported attributes. Can you post the link to the listing?
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Attributes on Product page. Reply with quote

neweratradingpost wrote:
Why are Google Attributes suddenly showing up on the product pages of my latest listings please?

Thanks.

gotta link?
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no attributes showing on the latest 3 listings.
neweratradingpost

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For example:

http://neweratradingpost.ecrater.com/p/8959391/bracelet-tibetan-turquoise-beads-bangle
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powered by eCrater[!style:fashion jewelry, ethnic, tribal, handcrafted, artisan jewelrY[!style:boho, bohemian, fashion jewelry, ethnic, tribal, handcrafted, artisan jewelrY[!style:boho fashion jewelry, ethnic, tribal, handcrafted, artisan jewelrY[!style:fashion

I copied only a portion of what is showing. I'm no expert but it looks like you are trying to do a huge list of styles. I think there is a limit to 12 and you need to put the !] at the end of the list before you start the next attribute with the [! . I don't think you can use the same attribute more than once.

This was an item where the attribute shows in the listing. There are items where the attributes do not show. Do you have the same sort of string on those?
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really have any ideas about the original question of attributes, but why do all of these listings say "Powered by Ecrater" at the bottom? The only other time I saw that it was from the eBay importer. Is this left by the bulk uploader? Mine don't say that and I was just wondering what the difference was. I didn't mean to stray from the topic, but I don't guess it has anything to do with the attribute situation?
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Google Attributes on Product page. Reply with quote

neweratradingpost wrote:

I'll make a guess that the syntax of your google attributes is malformed.

I see no close square bracket in the example you linked to.

this is an example of one such set from my store ...
Code:
[!brand:Islander!]
[!mpn:0424860112!]
[!upc:663981017537!]
[!color:black/brown/white print!]
[!department:womens!]
[!made_in:BD!]
[!material:nylon/spandex/polyester!]
[!size:10!]
[!style:1-pc swimwear!]

also, as others have mentioned, there may be an upper limit on how many values you can supply to one attribute.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
[!style:fashion jewelry, ethnic, tribal, handcrafted, artisan jewelrY[!style:boho, bohemian, fashion jewelry, ethnic, tribal, handcrafted, artisan jewelrY[!style:boho fashion jewelry, ethnic, tribal, handcrafted, artisan jewelrY[!style:fashion

I think there is a limit of 10 attributes, I was under the impression that you shouldn't have spaces after each comma. At the end of each attribute you should have a !] It looks like you are trying to do too many of the same attribute 'style' also. Plus you are repeating attributes. You have fashion jewelry listed 3 times. I'm just using the example that got posted, but it is bad syntax.
neweratradingpost

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. I see what the problem was. Somehow, the STYLE attribute copied and repeated itself over and over, each time adding one more onto itself. If you were to look again at the example above, it just STYLE repeated exactly over and over.

Anyway, I fixed the problem and all is well now.

Thanks all, for your input.

Also, I, too, would be interested in hearing something about the "Powered by eCrater" question. It's always been on my listings so I assumed we had to put it there. Is this so? I imported my ebay items here, so maybe that does have something to do with it.

Thanks again.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! You people see things I don't. I have looked at that listing 3 times now and do not see any of what you are talking about. I have read from top to bottom.
neweratradingpost

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To art and letters,

Here's a copy:

[quote="TyreeTrading"]Powered by eCrater[!style:fashion jewelry, ethnic, tribal, handcrafted, artisan jewelrY[!style:boho, bohemian, fashion jewelry, ethnic, tribal, handcrafted, artisan jewelrY[!style:boho fashion jewelry, ethnic, tribal, handcrafted, artisan jewelrY[!style:fashion ..... (etc.)

Powered by eCrater[!style:fashion jewelry, ethnic, tribal, handcrafted, artisan jewelrY][![!style:boho, bohemian, fashion jewelry, ethnic, tribal, handcrafted, artisan jewelrY][style:boho fashion jewelry, ethnic, tribal, handcrafted, artisan jewelrY][!style:fashion etc.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I get with ecrater formatting removed and the red is my additions:

Title
BRACELET, Tibetan Turquoise Beads Bangle, Boho Ethnic Hand-Crafted Tribal Jewelry, TIB-207

Price: $5.99

Description
TIBETAN TURQUOISE BEADS BRACELET

Ethnic, Tribal, Hand-Crafted, Artisan Jewelry

Made in Tibet
TIB-207

About our ETHNIC TIBETAN TRIBAL ARTISAN BRACELETS:

We bought these bracelets from a merchant who was unable to tell us what the materials are that were used in the making of this particular jewelry. Therefore, I will describe them to the best of my ability.

To my knowledge, this unique bracelet is made with Tibetan Silver (an alloy) and Tibetan Turquoise Beads.

- 3 Bead Strands

- 5mm Turquoise Beads

QUESTIONS? Please click on the "Ask Seller a Question" link above. Thanks for shopping with us!

* Want to put our LINK on your website, page or blog? eMail us at NewEraTradingPost@gMail.com for the LINK. *

Everything below is the other products.