eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

HELP PLEASE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2countrybeardesigners

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: HELP PLEASE Reply with quote

HI ALL
i am in need of some help what am i doing wrong have had a lot of people
stopping by the store and looking but no sales waaaaaaaaaaaaa am getting a little dissapointed about it can someone please help me thanks michelle
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deleted the other post you did on this same thing. IT's against the forum rules to post the same thing twice.

Some questions regarding your post -
Have you done any advertising and promoting?
What have you done?
Have you submitted to search engines? When? It can take 4-8 weeks for search engines to find you.

I can easily have 500 lookers at an item before having a buyer. Just the way it is. Think of how many people walk in a store at the mall and walk out of it without buying anything. It's the same thing online.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, be sure you understand that eCrater is more like setting up your own website rather than an effortless substitute for eBay. In other words, no built-in traffic. There's the feed to Froogle/Google but beyond that it's up to the seller to get customers in.
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Michelle:

May have alot of people stopping by, but you only have 4 items in your store. Those things must just not what the lookers are looking for. Do you have any more inventory? If so, get it, get it listed, get it sold! Smile
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ack, I didn't realize that. Yeah, with only four items it's tough to get noticed even in Froogle.

Also, if it were me I'd ditch the Polaroid pictures. Or at least crop the outer frame out so that all the buyer can see is the picture of the item.
cuppatea

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Yes, add more items - more opportunity to be "just the right thing" for someone, more listings on Froogle, more visibility.

The ABOUT page needs help! It is one long sentence, all caps, with errors. Try this:
-----------------
We are three friends who decided to get together to design and make baby clothes, which we love to do. I am one of the owners. My name is Michelle and I am the designer. Our other owner is Diane, who loves to crochet and knit. Last but not least is Cerin, who designs doll clothes from thread. Unfortunately she is not with us at the moment, but we are hoping she will be soon. We will be adding a lot more later on down the road as we work out the details. This is all new, have a little patience with us. Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle
Diane
Cerin
-------------------
All I did is make it into sentences and correct the spelling. By the way, what are doll clothes from thread?

The CONTACT page has no contact information, has the same issues as the ABOUT page.

I wish you and your friends well, and offer these suggestions in the spirit of helpfulness.
Heather Ellen
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The long and short of it is that eCrater sellers have to do most of the work required to bring customers in. No customers are going to just be strolling by to check out your shop without you attracting them in some way.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: