eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Lots of hits but no sales. Any advice?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the-eclectic-eccentric

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Lots of hits but no sales. Any advice? Reply with quote

So far I have received a lot of hits on every item I have listed, yet I have yet to see a sale. I have items listed for as low as a dollar with nothing over $10, so I don't think my prices are too out of line. Any hints? My store name is "The Eclectic Eccentric".
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you only have 17 items..you haven't filled in your ABOUT..TERMS..CONTACT nor FAQ
are you promoting your store?
you might want to not offer COD..see here
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=3756
good luck..
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at a lot of your listings. What stood out was the lack of information you provided in a very competitive market. Any idea how many millions of books are listed on the internet?

In this multi-media time, all titles should say if they are audio book, hardback, paperback or what. Authors should be in the titles, publishers and year should be in the description as well as the ISBNs unless they are really old books. Other inclusions is the number of pages, illustrator if there is one, notations of any marks in the book, presence or absence of dust jacket.

The more information you give about your books the more you compete. It is the words that will bring people to your store, not the picture that shows it is hardback, paper, or whatever. It was not easy to determine what the listing was after clicking on it and reading the description.

Not all your listings are bad, but one example is Arrowsmith.

Just saw what Peg wrote. I didn't look at your other information but she is absolutely right. Without those pages you don't have any credibility.
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search engine bots read the description. The more you have (as Maggie has said), the more the bots have to pass back to the search engines. Repeat the title in the description, then add all the info Maggie has suggested.

The other pages are also read so yes, you need to fill them out for two purposes - establish yourself as legitamate and aid the bots/search engines.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would anyone buy from a site with no contact info... etc.
I sure as heck don't!
the-eclectic-eccentric

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

I appreciate all of the helpful advice. This is a work in progress, and it may take us awhile to implement all of the suggestions, but you have given me some good pointers on how we can improve the store. Thanks again!
joyfulsleep

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listing lots of items is key to success. I know it's time consuming, and I struggle with it too, but it's what you have to do.

Good luck. Hang in there!!

Ann
bdskeystonecorner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to have the same problem. I have lots of hits but no sales. Sad
momssewingroom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My store has alot of listings. Alot of hits. All the information filled out. And I sell 10 or more a day of the exact same things on eBay. Even the same decription. And for alot more money. Now why do they not sell on eCrater? And when they do sell.....They don't pay!!!! Help...

http://momssewingroom.ecrater.com/
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyreeTrading - I have often wondered why eb listings are done this way, repeating the title word for word at the top of the description. Of course, part of it could be the listing program automatically inserting that. But do you think it makes any difference if it's the exact same sequence or just that the words are repeated somewhere in the top few lines of the description that's important? I've never heard a definate answer on this--ah the mysteries of SEO, so I'm interested in all thoughts on the subject.
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

momssewingroom wrote:
My store has alot of listings. Alot of hits. All the information filled out. And I sell 10 or more a day of the exact same things on eBay. Even the same decription. And for alot more money. Now why do they not sell on eCrater? And when they do sell.....They don't pay!!!! Help...

http://momssewingroom.ecrater.com/

You might try raising the ecrater prices to match the ebay prices, or even a little higher than ebay. Most folks are under the impression that if the price is way low, then the quality must be low also.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mom's sewing ---- I personally think that you need to raise your prices big time! $1 for a book cover doesn't even begin to cover the expense of the fabric, thread, ribbon, sewing time, wear and tear on the sewing machine, rotary cutter, mat, etc. You may have found a way to mass produce these but I don't think you are charging enough. Those books covers should be $4-5 and the same for the checkbook covers. You might also want to take the time to make some very special and fancy ones that people would want to give as gifts that you could charge $10-15 or more depending on size and materials.

I think people have the mistaken impression that the only way to sell on line is to have the cheapest possible prices. Not true and I think too cheap prices will scare some away. On ebay now the cheapest price seems to be the only way, but this isn't ebay. Charge for your materials, overhead and labor (a reasonable rate like $10-20 an hour divided by the time it takes you to not only make, but list and package your items when sold). You can always lower prices if eventually they don't sale, but when you practically are giving items away you can't ever raise their price again.
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moms sew
I too think you should raise your prices..
keep listing as you don't really have ALOT of products..I try to list several times a week to keep the search engines happy!
on your contact page this is all you have
"Contact us with any special request. They are always welcome. "

good luck!
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Momsewingroom, I agree that your prices are too low. At least double them. They look like they are nicely made and your prices reflect a kid's first do-it-yourself project. You have a valid product and you should take pride in your work and charge accordingly.

Times are tough right now but people who can't afford double what you are charging are too broke to buy it at all.

I liked the idea of making some fancy items for special occasions and charge accordingly.

BTW if you have a lot of items on eBay and sell a lot there, they will take precedence over the few you have on ecrater in search engines. People will see only the eBay items and never know they can get them cheaper here.
momssewingroom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I know the prices are too low. The reason is because I am old and trying to retire. I am just trying to sell my inventory without having to pay the high fees that eBay, Etsy, Artfire...etc etc etc make us pay to sell. I truly just want to get my inventory out of here. My normal prices have been way over double and I have had a very good long time business with all my products. This is the inventory that I have left and need to move out of my house. They should sell for the prices I have them listed as. I just don't know if people are really seeing them or does the counters really work on eCrater. Right now I have almost nothing on eBay so that cannot be the reason they are being over seen by eBay listings. Truly I just want them to sell and be gone so I can retire and relax in my old age...lol Smile I just don't understand why they aren't selling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: