eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Bullk Upload

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerioproducts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Bullk Upload Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm trying to do a bulk upload through creating a tab-deliminated file since the ebay importer will not work for me. Do I really have to have at least 50 items for this to work? This is very impractical for us small sellers. I would like to start with just a few to see how it shows up. Thanks.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

used to be 100
I didn't know it's been lowered
kerioproducts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's ridiculous. With Google Base it could be as low as one item. With all these conditions with ebay importer and bulk upload, it really beats the point.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulk lister has nothing to do with google
you do the upload and ecrater manually does the rest for you
kerioproducts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same concept as Google Base, a tab file converted to txt and uploaded. But it has yet to work for me with ecrater.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have only a few items, why bother with an upload? Just manually list them. Listing here is much faster than ebay, etc. And you won't then have edit out manually all the junk that doesn't belong on ecrater ie. boilerplate, messages to ebay buyers, any references to auctions, S&H info, etc. etc.

Please remember that just because other places allow certain functions doesn't mean that ecrater has those functions or needs to have them. This is a different venue and you need to clear your thoughts of what other places do and approach ecrater with a clear mindset. It saves much frustration.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerioproducts wrote:
Same concept as Google Base, a tab file converted to txt and uploaded. But it has yet to work for me with ecrater.

I doubt that any part of the google base feed is done by a single person at google.

good luck
kerioproducts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
If you have only a few items, why bother with an upload? Just manually list them. Listing here is much faster than ebay, etc. And you won't then have edit out manually all the junk that doesn't belong on ecrater ie. boilerplate, messages to ebay buyers, any references to auctions, S&H info, etc. etc.

Please remember that just because other places allow certain functions doesn't mean that ecrater has those functions or needs to have them. This is a different venue and you need to clear your thoughts of what other places do and approach ecrater with a clear mindset. It saves much frustration.

So what are you saying, it has to exceed 50 items so that a bulk lister is time efficient? That's what I usually do, list manually, but it would have made a difference with time consumption, because when you do the "copy" feature there are features that reset which actually waste more of my time than copying and pasting the title and description. But regardless, I just don't think 50 is a reasonable number to set at the minimum.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So what are you saying, it has to exceed 50 items so that a bulk lister is time efficient?

No I was responding to your intitial comment:

Quote:
This is very impractical for us small sellers. I would like to start with just a few to see how it shows up

If you only had a few things to list, why not list them manually? Apparently you meant you wanted to do a smaller than 50 bulk upload. I don't see how a quick copy and paste would take more time than messing around trying to get the upload to work, but then I have never used it. Of course, if you just want to see how the upload works, I can see not wanting to take the time to do a big one especially if it messes up. I have manually loaded everything in my store including all the stuff I have sold. I copy and paste from my database so If I get a hold of an item again, I can easiely relist it. Over my years of selling on line, I have only once found that an upload did what it was supposed to and that was doing uploads to Alibris. I guess I've never had a lot of faith in bulk uploads. Listing manually is a way for me to see that everything is right and appropriate for the site I'm now listing on.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: