eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Lots of hits but no sales. Any advice?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ageoftaurus wrote:
hi, I would love some criticism on my store, I have the same problem as the lady who is on ebay as well. All of my items sell on ebay no problem and for MORE money. I have great products and I offer all documentation and receipts for all my products but I still have no sales, lots of hits but not sales Sad can you guys take a look and help me Smile
www.ageoftaurus.ecrater.com
Thanks!

It may have to do with the eBay/PayPal buyer protection plan. You sell items that are more often fake than authentic and on eBay the buyer has more security if they pay with PP. Here they are on their own. No matter how much you assure a buyer there will be a reluctance to shell out the amount of money you ask for your items without some sort of guarantee other than yours. You they don't know. eBay they probably do.

By the way you have a sold out item visible. It should be hidden. I think it was an LV wallet.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
ageoftaurus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea I plan to restock that item. Thanks for letting me know though. I do use paypal for check out for that reason. I wonder if there is anything else I can do to make some sales. I see other people on here selling items similar to mine doing fine. I own a consignment shop so whenever I get anything in that is authentic I list it. I wish ecrater had more traffic like ebay. It is such a better community here. A lot more drama free.
Thanks for your imput!
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to add more items..fill out the FAQ and remove this
"I won't give out feedback until both (buyer and seller) are satisfied with the transaction."
Sellers don't give feedback here
good luck with your store.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PegsBUTTONS wrote:
you need to add more items..fill out the FAQ and remove this
"I won't give out feedback until both (buyer and seller) are satisfied with the transaction."
Sellers don't give feedback here
good luck with your store.

Peg is right. No need for the negative attitude here. You can't leave feedback and most buyers don't leave it so that puts a sour taste in the buyer's mouth. Why be defensive if the items are authentic kind of thinking.

I just took a closer look at your store. You have a very long list of categories and very few listings. I had to look for a category that had something in it. If you don't have a Chanel or Burbery now, remove the category until you do. You have way too many empty categories. Anyone
who comes to your store from a search and then goes to your category page will tend to think you don't have anything in the store.

Another thing is in your terms you seem to indicate that the fixed shipping shown is not correct and will be changed upon purchase. That statement would certainly put me off when you state emphatically that there are no cancellations.

Have you reported the theft of your store name and pictures to the auction site? That is a serious issue and not one eBay (if that is who it is) would take lightly.
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ageoftaurus You are selling high-end products, you need to present them as such. You have wonderful items but your presentation needs improving just a tad. I personally wouldn't buy a $375 wallet that looks like it was laying on someones bed. Pictures sell our products online- set up a little studio for you items, use good lighting, use the macro setting on your camera for more crisp details. You can buy a 3-way folding display used for science fair projects and such at Wal Mart or Target for 3 bucks, set it on top of a solid piece of white fabric and you have your studio ready to go. Picasa is a wonderful editing program you can use to brighten up dark pics.

Good Luck to you... Very Happy
ageoftaurus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
Thanks Again to all those who helped. I am working on getting a mannequin and a better place to shoot my pictures. I do have a good camera for pictures too but your right...it does look like it is on a bed. My Policies are there (the feedback) as a carryover from my ebay days. It is a scam buyer's paradise over there and NO protection for the seller AT ALL. I had soo many buyer's that have bought stuff from me in the past on ebay then say the never got it, (even though I had sig confirmation) then get a refund AND the item after I had already left them positive feedback, then turn around and give me negative feedback! It was really wrong. I will take that off though I have to remember I am not on ebay anymore lol....

Thanks again for everyone's help. I will be making changes shortly.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it is because I don't believe in astrology, but I don't get the long explanation about being an astrologer and the items you sell. None of the ones that I looked at had anything to do with astrology. Anyhow I'm really missing whatever message you are trying to give. The astrology message is a huge turn off for me and even if I was willing to pay that kind of money for a purse or whatever, I wouldn't. So you might want to think about whether all the astrology talk is a turn on or turn off for potential customers. Look at things from their view.

I agree with the others that you really need to take off any related comments etc, leftover from ebay or any other venue. Your returns policy is confusing. You say you won't take returns for any reason then say the buyer has to pay the shipping for returns and then I think you went on to say there would be a restocking fee. Either you take returns or you don't. If you take returns only for your error, then you should be paying shipping both coming and going and not leaving your customer out of pocket at all.
kraftyapps

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: I am having the same problem...suggestions?? Reply with quote

www.kraftyapps.ecrater.com

I sell homemade appliques...I get lots of hits but no sales....not sure what I am doing wrong...??
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kraftyapps, you probably aren't doing anything wrong except not charging enough to make it worth your time and expense, but you do have to think about who is your potential customer? A seamstress, will probably already know how to make appliques for whatever and whenever they need. I certainly wouldn't think to go online to look for appliques, I would make my own.

You are going to have to figure out how to reach an audience of people who are probably casual crafters as anyone with an iron can make their own appliques. You are trying to meet the needs of people who don't want to have to go search out the different designs or purchase a chunk of fabric to make the design, and you have to promote your store to them.

Have you sold these successfully elsewhere? What did you do there?
kraftyapps

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Yes I was selling them on Etsy Reply with quote

I was selling on Etsy...but I can no longer afford their fees...I am getting lots of hits....so I know people are looking at them...and I am a crafter with a regular craft site...so most of this is just leftovers.....its so easy that it takes me no time to make them.....
viewfinders

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kraft Apps: You have no titles. Sea Creatures doesn't say what it is. You could be an aquarium or a mythologist for all anyone knows. You have to use the word applique or lot of appliques in every single title. Those people who are hitting and leaving probably weren't looking for appliques.
That is your main problem. I'm surprised you haven't been suspended for nonsense titles. But to avoid that fix the titles PDQ.

You have two listing formats for groups of appliques. One works; the other doesn't.

This is good:
ttp://kraftyapps.ecrater.com/p/9091256/fruit-and-flowers-163

This is bad: too hard to read sizes and how many etc.
http://kraftyapps.ecrater.com/p/9012416/sea-creatures-63
kraftyapps

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Thanks...I need more help! Reply with quote

Ok I am sitting here changing the titles! what can you tell me about tags and analyticals...since you seem to know alot...and I profess to know nothing...lol
cascadeacres

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kraftyapps, your prices are so low, are you sure you are making any money on those things? Have you tried to advertise your store yet? Try prosewingjobs.com and get a listing. In order to sell anything here on eCrater you have to advertise. I have used Google Adwords, blogged about my items and used online classifieds.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks...I need more help! Reply with quote

kraftyapps wrote:
Ok I am sitting here changing the titles! what can you tell me about tags and analyticals...since you seem to know alot...and I profess to know nothing...lol

I gave up on meta tags ages ago and rarely look at analytics. Someone else can help you much better there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: